SMS message in LC?

Folks:
Has anybody done sms and voice messaging in livecode apps? I’m looking into whether it would be feasible to create an app for emergency alerts. I am in a neighborhood where there is a high wildfire danger and various existing emergency alert systems are either very expensive or more optimized for marketing.

Any thoughts?
Best,
Bill P.

William Prothero, PhD
Professor Emeritus
University of California, Santa Barbara
http://earthlearningsolutions.org

Re: SMS message in LC?

Hi Bill,
about 1 or 2 years ago i needed to send automated sms messages. I used Clickatell (http://www.clickatell.com <http://www.clickatell.com/>) for it.
They have a very easy API.
https://www.clickatell.com/developers/platform/api-documentation/ <https://www.clickatell.com/developers/platform/api-documentation/>

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000
‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

> Am 09.08.2017 um 19:26 schrieb ELS prothero via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Folks:
> Has anybody done sms and voice messaging in livecode apps? I’m looking into whether it would be feasible to create an app for emergency alerts. I am in a neighborhood where there is a high wildfire danger and various existing emergency alert systems are either very expensive or more optimized for marketing.
>
> Any thoughts?
> Best,
> Bill P.
>
> William Prothero, PhD
> Professor Emeritus
> University of California, Santa Barbara
> http://earthlearningsolutions.org <http://earthlearningsolutions.org/>

Re: SMS message in LC?

Matthias:
Thanks for the link. What I’m hoping for is a way to send both voice and sms alerts to a group. I checked out twilio and they have a very capable api, but it seems more oriented toward marketing and ongoing communication and notifications. For my needs, there might be one or two notifications for an emergency that needs quick response. Anyway, I’m just exploring this.

Best,
Bill P