SSH and SCP in LiveCode

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Hello group.

Just joined but long-time LiveCode user.

I need SSH / SCP capability for LiveCode.

Anyone know how to use this (either the old external or by any other means)?

I do not thing TSNet will help in this case.

Thanks.

Mike

Rubidex - The Reliable Blockchain Company

Mike Felker

CTO Rubidex

813-810-3457

138 Whitaker Road, Suite A

Lutz, FL 33549

rubidex.net

Re: SSH and SCP in LiveCode

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Hi Mike,

tsNet does support file transfers via SSH, just use sftp:// at the start of the URL instead of ftp:// or ftps://, otherwise the commands are mostly identical.

Just note that not all SSH features are supported in the Indy version of LC - some require the Business edition.

What are you trying to do that you think tsNet doesn’t support?

Regards,

Charles

> On 2 Nov 2019, at 3:21 am, Mike Felker via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello group.
>

> Just joined but long-time LiveCode user.
>

> I need SSH / SCP capability for LiveCode.
>

> Anyone know how to use this (either the old external or by any other means)?
>

> I do not thing TSNet will help in this case.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Mike
>

> Rubidex - The Reliable Blockchain Company
>
> Mike Felker
>
> CTO Rubidex
>
> 813-810-3457
>
> 138 Whitaker Road, Suite A
>
> Lutz, FL 33549
>
> rubidex.net

Re: SSH and SCP in LiveCode

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Mr. Felker,

go figure!?

> Am 01.11.2019 um 17:21 schrieb Mike Felker via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello group.
>
> Just joined but long-time LiveCode user.
> I need SSH / SCP capability for LiveCode
> Anyone know how to use this (either the old external or by any other means)?
> I do not thing TSNet will help in this case.

> Thanks.
>
> Mike
>
> Rubidex - The Reliable Blockchain Company
> Mike Felker
> CTO Rubidex
> 813-810-3457
> 138 Whitaker Road, Suite A
> Lutz, FL 33549
> rubidex.net

Tired of playing "dead man" after not paying the rest of my last invoice
from september last year? I'm still waiting...

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: SSH and SCP in LiveCode

Mike Felker wrote:

> I need SSH / SCP capability for LiveCode.
>
> Anyone know how to use this (either the old external or by any other means)?
>
> I do not thing TSNet will help in this case.

As Charles noted, tsNet supports FTPS, which tunnels FTP over SSH.

Personally, I find using the built-in shell function handy for shell
calls like those.

If you set up shared SSH keys with the server (and who doesn't these
days?) it becomes super-easy because you no longer need to write for the
"expect" package to emulate login, which also means you don't have your
password hard-coded in your script.

Lately I've been making good use of modding the sudoers file to allow
certain local processes to handle automation tasks on the remote
machine.  First I create a user for the process that will log in, and
set it up in sudoers to be able to run only the command(s) I need that
account to perform.  This helps minimize risk by granting only the
privileges needed to get the task done.  And if the task is light
enough, I can even use a non-privileged account for that.

https://www.atrixnet.com/allow-an-unprivileged-user-to-run-a-certain-command-with-sudo/