SSL?

Tim Selander
Hi,

I have on on-rev account on sage. Also use the Jimdo service, and put
iframes from on-rev with .lc scripts into the Jimdo pages.

Now Jimdo is requiring all outside widgets, scripts, iframes, etc. to
come from secure (https) domains.

Complete newbie on SSL... looking at Cpanel help pages was not too
helpful. Can anyone give a quick rundown of the process? Or point to a
tutorial for beginners?

Many thanks

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan

Re: SSL?

Dave Kilroy
Basically, on a shared account such as on-rev offer you can’t install a SSL certificate without their help

I think LiveCode used to offer a service where they would help install a SSL certificate you had purchased elsewhere - but it may be they no longer do this as they now sell SSL certificates for on-rev at £101.12 - if you log in to your LiveCode account, click on ‘Hosting’ and then scroll down you should see it listed...

Also, free SSL certificates have been available for a while now from an organisation called LetsEncrypt - some providers (such as hostm.com <http://hostm.com/>) will set up of these free SSL certificates as a client wants for no charge

Kind regards

> Hi,
>
> I have on on-rev account on sage. Also use the Jimdo service, and put
> iframes from on-rev with .lc scripts into the Jimdo pages.
>
> Now Jimdo is requiring all outside widgets, scripts, iframes, etc. to
> come from secure (https) domains.
>
> Complete newbie on SSL... looking at Cpanel help pages was not too
> helpful. Can anyone give a quick rundown of the process? Or point to a
> tutorial for beginners?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Tim Selander
> Tokyo, Japan
Peter M. Brigham

Re: SSL?

Tim Selander
Ah, there it is! Have sent an enquiry to sales. Thanks for the pointer,
Dave.

Tim

On 2016/12/26 8:54, Dave Kilroy wrote:
> if you log in to your LiveCode account, click on ‘Hosting’ and then scroll down you should see it listed...

Re: SSL?

Alex Tweedly
The easy answer is to use a certificate from Let's Encrypt -
certificates are free, on-rev can enable them and will renew them
automatically.

All you need to do is send an email to on-rev support and they will set
it up for you (though obviously, this is the holidays so they may take a
little while :-)

Here's a clip of an email I got from David while I was requesting it ...

> The way this works is that all sites under your account which are not
> currently secured
> with a preexisting SSL certificate will be automatically set up with a
> Let's Encrypt
> certificate. This process is entirely automated and does not require
> any manual setup
> from yourself, and the certificates are automatically renewed when
> they are about to
> expire.
>
> This can be set up for On-Rev accounts as well as Livecode Hosting
> accounts. I can
> enable this for your account if you would like me to do so.
One example I have is https://kilmelford.com

Probably not relevant for you Tim, but it is possible, and advisable, to
redirect all non-https URLs into the secure versions - though I have yet
to do it myself.
A good guide - just ignore the hostM-specific parts - can be found at

https://www.hostm.com/tutorials/ssl/convert-website-to-https

-- Alex.