Sample Stacks

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Was "ANN: LC Documentation Cache Cleaner"

Jacques LG wrote:
> We can upload zip files to Sample Stacks?  ...

No. But you can, of course, use a stack container for zips.
I once uploaded a simple version:
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/805/ZipContainer

"Sample Stacks" had an update before a year or so.

It is fine now, better than the livecodeshare interface.
The best thing with it:
You have the stacks open in memory when clicking download,
then you can save them (or not).

Re: Sample Stacks

hh wrote:

 > Jacques LG wrote:
 >> We can upload zip files to Sample Stacks?  ...
 >
 > No.

Unfortunate.  Hopefully that will be changed soon. Zip is a common
foundation for many compound document types.

 > But you can, of course, use a stack container for zips.

I used to do that, but ever since the IDE introduced the limitation
about stack name conflicts, and the ongoing confusion about what is and
isn't in memory stemming from the lack of a purge command, I've since
migrated to using LSON (encoded arrays) as the LC-native solution for
compound-element storage.

LSON offers pretty much all the benefits of property sets in stack
files, but with all the predictable ease of working with any data stored
in an array variable.

Of course the one thing stack files are better at than anything else is
when you need to store LC controls.  Many alternatives, none as compact
or convenient.