Quantcast

Scanning for inclusions

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Is there a way to run the "scan for inclusions" required and get a list.

Waiting for the inclusion scan while building a standalone take a lot of time.

Sometimes I would like to check to see that I have set everything the app needs.

it would be helpful to be able to run the "scan for required inclusions" and get a list, for verification again what one has manually check in SA Settings.

BR

Re: Scanning for inclusions

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I thought once you ran it once, when you switch to manual, the
auto-selected ones stay.

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to run the "scan for inclusions" required and get a list.
>
> Waiting for the inclusion scan while building a standalone take a lot of
> time.
>
> Sometimes I would like to check to see that I have set everything the app
> needs.
>
> it would be helpful to be able to run the "scan for required inclusions"
> and get a list, for verification again what one has manually check in SA
> Settings.
>
> BR

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Scanning for inclusions

Mike K. wrote:

    I thought once you ran it once, when you switch to manual, the
    auto-selected ones stay.

hhm… that would be nice… easy to test..

stand by (time passes here)

Nope, no go…

Test one:

1) go to SA settings-> inclusions uncheck widgets headerbar and switch button # which we know for user are required by some stacks that are referenced in the stack files, but not in this "loader" stack form which the SA is built.
2) go to SA -> general -> check search for inclusions
3) run build stand alone: checkin for inclusions spins (and spins) "Auto detecting Libray
5) inclusions option undims
6) the two widget are *not* checked

Test two

1) Drag our a "Switch Button" widget to the loader stack "home" card GUI
2) Save
continue now with steps 2-6 abover

Result:  The same…   the inclusions list property in the cRevStandaloneSettings is *not* updated after an auto detect built.

this may not be a bug but " works as intended"

which leads back to the original question: how to run an auto detect scan  for require inclusions as a "diagnostic" and get a list.

On 4/28/17, 3:32 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Mike Kerner via use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    I thought once you ran it once, when you switch to manual, the
    auto-selected ones stay.

Re: Scanning for inclusions

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Why is this such an ongoing pain point?

How are dependencies handles in other systems?

Re: Scanning for inclusions

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Richard,
For me, it's a pain point because when I try to build a standalone and I don't have one of the widgets linked, I only get a message saying "module not found" or something like that. Seems it would be easy to notify the name of the in-found module.

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:30 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Why is this such an ongoing pain point?
>
> How are dependencies handles in other systems?
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World Systems

Re: Scanning for inclusions

William Prothero wrote:

 >> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:30 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> Why is this such an ongoing pain point?
 >>
 >> How are dependencies handles in other systems?
 >
 >
 > Richard,
 > For me, it's a pain point because when I try to build a standalone
 > and I don't have one of the widgets linked, I only get a message
 > saying "module not found" or something like that. Seems it would be
 > easy to notify the name of the in-found module.

Exactly.

It's 2017.  We're not the first project to need to figure out how to
handle dependencies.

Re: Scanning for inclusions

Bill wrote:

"For me, it's a pain point because when I try to build a standalone and I don't have one of the widgets linked, I only get a message saying "module not found" or something like that. "

I think it is actually worse than that. I'm bleary eyed from pushing so many builds these past few days, but I could swear I actually got all the way thru with a success but then the app failed on my Nexus 5, when  it tried to open a stack that required the widget. our app is modular, the loader stack against which the SA is built, doesn't actually have any of the required inclusions on it's cd 1 which is the only card.  the init script launches a navigation panel that is built from our JSON and images in /assets, ie. also no inclusions required for display/functionality.

so far so good the app appeared to be work… then go to stack 6 which used the header widget  app crashed… I'm thnk I broke some script in Stack 6 (had been doing a bunch of refactoring)  tried again, this time from the navigation panel, open stack 8… which uses a switch button widget on card 4 of that stack…
 well cd 1 of stack 8 appears just fine… but then when you move to card four. crash.

This is more than just a pain--you start question your sanity because if you set a break point on the preopenstack D, turn on remote bugging etc step through code you will never see anything wrong with your scripts. And it all works on desktop. on a pure "hunch" I finally committed everything in my current branch, check out another branch, took screen shot of the SA settings panel on the older init stack…  *then* checked out my working branch (which was refactored to use a leaner loader stack, and I had to redo all the SA settings)  and then compared the SA settings to the screen shot and slap myself on the head… I had forgotten that stack 6 require the Header Widget and Stack 8 required the switch button widget.

literally hours later, with zero progress in design/content/coding  I got back to work I(so much for LC productivity!  but hey, I still am holding out and keep my JS books on the shelf, unopened, I hope, for as long as I can…Fortunately I did get the discounted business license and the team in Scotland has been very helpful and patient. I may actually have something for the stores in May!

Thanks Elanor!

Bill: "Seems it would be easy to notify the name of the in-found module." yes indeed.

exc