Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

Somehow I did something and my scriptEditor window
got stuck with its grab-bar off the top of my monitor window
so there is no way I can either move it or resize it.

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

Happens to the best of us ...

set the loc of stack “revNewScriptEditor 1” to the screenloc

Lagi

On 8 August 2017 at 11:53, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Somehow I did something and my scriptEditor window
> got stuck with its grab-bar off the top of my monitor window
> so there is no way I can either move it or resize it.
>
> Richmond.

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

Hi Richmond,

Type in the msg box:

"set the loc of the mousestack to the screenloc"  -- BUT DO NOT PRESS ENTER

Then place your mouse over the script editor window, and now press Enter

Hope this helps,
Panos
--

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Somehow I did something and my scriptEditor window
> got stuck with its grab-bar off the top of my monitor window
> so there is no way I can either move it or resize it.
>
> Richmond.

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

TThank you very much.

Richmond.

On 8/8/17 1:57 pm, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
> Type in the msg box:
>
> "set the loc of the mousestack to the screenloc"  -- BUT DO NOT PRESS ENTER
>
> Then place your mouse over the script editor window, and now press Enter
>
> Hope this helps,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Somehow I did something and my scriptEditor window
>> got stuck with its grab-bar off the top of my monitor window
>> so there is no way I can either move it or resize it.
>>
>> Richmond.

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

THanks Panos,

Even better than what I use - I think thanks to a Dave Kilroy post many
eons ago.

Because you don't first have to remember or find the name of the window.

But I've only ever had this happen to a stack of mine which I know the name
of anyway.

I use  Dave's trick when the window is in the twilight zone and can't be
accessed at all.

set the loc of stack "Message Box" to the screenLoc

Thanks

Lagi

On 8 August 2017 at 11:57, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
> Type in the msg box:
>
> "set the loc of the mousestack to the screenloc"  -- BUT DO NOT PRESS ENTER
>
> Then place your mouse over the script editor window, and now press Enter
>
> Hope this helps,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Somehow I did something and my scriptEditor window
> > got stuck with its grab-bar off the top of my monitor window
> > so there is no way I can either move it or resize it.
> >
> > Richmond.

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

Hi Lagi,

Yes, "the mousestack" is very useful in those cases where you don't
know/remember the name of the stack.

Similarly, you can use "the mousecontrol" for controls.

Best regards,
Panos
--

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> THanks Panos,
>
> Even better than what I use - I think thanks to a Dave Kilroy post many
> eons ago.
>

> Because you don't first have to remember or find the name of the window.
>
> But I've only ever had this happen to a stack of mine which I know the name
> of anyway.
>
> I use  Dave's trick when the window is in the twilight zone and can't be
> accessed at all.
>
> set the loc of stack "Message Box" to the screenLoc
>
> Thanks
>
> Lagi
>
> On 8 August 2017 at 11:57, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Richmond,
> >
> > Type in the msg box:
> >
> > "set the loc of the mousestack to the screenloc"  -- BUT DO NOT PRESS
> ENTER
> >
> > Then place your mouse over the script editor window, and now press Enter
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Panos
> > --
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Somehow I did something and my scriptEditor window
> > > got stuck with its grab-bar off the top of my monitor window
> > > so there is no way I can either move it or resize it.
> > >
> > > Richmond.

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

Is there an option for when you don't know its name and the stack is
completely off-screen?

~Roger

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:32 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Lagi,
>
> Yes, "the mousestack" is very useful in those cases where you don't
> know/remember the name of the stack.
>
> Similarly, you can use "the mousecontrol" for controls.
>
> Best regards,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > THanks Panos,
> >
> > Even better than what I use - I think thanks to a Dave Kilroy post many
> > eons ago.
> >

> > Because you don't first have to remember or find the name of the window.
> >
> > But I've only ever had this happen to a stack of mine which I know the
> name
> > of anyway.
> >
> > I use  Dave's trick when the window is in the twilight zone and can't be
> > accessed at all.
> >
> > set the loc of stack "Message Box" to the screenLoc
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Lagi
> >
> > On 8 August 2017 at 11:57, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Richmond,
> > >
> > > Type in the msg box:
> > >
> > > "set the loc of the mousestack to the screenloc"  -- BUT DO NOT PRESS
> > ENTER
> > >
> > > Then place your mouse over the script editor window, and now press
> Enter
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Panos

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

blandy-minded?

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there an option for when you don't know its name and the stack is
> completely off-screen?
>
> ~Roger
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:32 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Lagi,
> >
> > Yes, "the mousestack" is very useful in those cases where you don't
> > know/remember the name of the stack.
> >
> > Similarly, you can use "the mousecontrol" for controls.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Panos
> > --
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > THanks Panos,
> > >
> > > Even better than what I use - I think thanks to a Dave Kilroy post many
> > > eons ago.
> > >

> > > Because you don't first have to remember or find the name of the
> window.
> > >
> > > But I've only ever had this happen to a stack of mine which I know the
> > name
> > > of anyway.
> > >
> > > I use  Dave's trick when the window is in the twilight zone and can't
> be
> > > accessed at all.
> > >
> > > set the loc of stack "Message Box" to the screenLoc
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Lagi

> > > ENTER

> > Enter

> <

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

Hmm, I think the easiest way is to use "the openstacks" for finding the
name.

On 8 Aug 2017 13:45, "Roger Eller via use-livecode" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there an option for when you don't know its name and the stack is
> completely off-screen?
>
> ~Roger
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:32 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Lagi,
> >
> > Yes, "the mousestack" is very useful in those cases where you don't
> > know/remember the name of the stack.
> >
> > Similarly, you can use "the mousecontrol" for controls.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Panos
> > --
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > THanks Panos,
> > >
> > > Even better than what I use - I think thanks to a Dave Kilroy post many
> > > eons ago.
> > >

> > > Because you don't first have to remember or find the name of the
> window.
> > >
> > > But I've only ever had this happen to a stack of mine which I know the
> > name
> > > of anyway.
> > >
> > > I use  Dave's trick when the window is in the twilight zone and can't
> be
> > > accessed at all.
> > >
> > > set the loc of stack "Message Box" to the screenLoc
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Lagi

> > > ENTER

> > Enter

> <

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

Oh, very witty, very witty indeed,

but, my pretty, my pretty . . .

you'd fail the expletive-deleted exam!

Richmond.

On 8/8/17 3:56 pm, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:

> blandy-minded?
>
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there an option for when you don't know its name and the stack is
>> completely off-screen?
>>
>> ~Roger
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:32 AM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lagi,
>>>
>>> Yes, "the mousestack" is very useful in those cases where you don't
>>> know/remember the name of the stack.
>>>
>>> Similarly, you can use "the mousecontrol" for controls.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Panos
>>> --

>> window.
>>> name

>> be

>>> Enter

>> <

Re: Script Editor Window being bl**dy-minded

FWIW there's a right-click menu in devolution's DeskView tool, "Center
Offscreen Windows".
<http://fourthworld.com/products/devolution/index.html>

But ideally none of these should be needed.  Isn't there some way we can
prevent this from happening?  I thought the OS was supposed to prevent
this, no?

What do we tell end-users who do this with windows in our apps?