Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

Andrew Kluthe
I to am trying to export the script of my stacks in order to use them as a guide for a re-write. I downloaded script reporter v1.1. No matter what script I use, it starts to load them in and then hangs followed by a crash.

Are there any alternatives?

I am on a win7 platform.

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

Richard Gaskin
Andrew Kluthe wrote:

> I to am trying to export the script of my stacks in order to use them as a
> guide for a re-write. I downloaded script reporter v1.1. No matter what
> script I use, it starts to load them in and then hangs followed by a crash.
>

> Are there any alternatives?

What do you use that output for?

There may be other ways to solve the root problem....

  Fourth World

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

Andrew Kluthe
I just want to look off of them to use as a guide for doing a re-write.

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

JosepM
Hi,

The same for me, seems that enter into infite loop here:

  -- Sarah: remove any blank lines at the end & make sure there are enough to space entries
        repeat while the number of words in line -1 of tScript = 0
            delete last line of tScript
        end repeat

Any idea?

Salut,
Josep

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

Sarah Reichelt-2
I don't remember this script, but I suggest adding a check for tScript
being empty.

       repeat while the number of words in line -1 of tScript = 0
           delete last line of tScript
           if tScript is empty then exit repeat
       end repeat

That might fix it.

Cheers,
Sarah

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:10 AM, JosepM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The same for me, seems that enter into infite loop here:
>
>  -- Sarah: remove any blank lines at the end & make sure there are enough
> to space entries
>        repeat while the number of words in line -1 of tScript = 0
>            delete last line of tScript
>        end repeat
>

> Any idea?
>
> Salut,
> Josep

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

JosepM
Hi Sarah,

Still freezing... it's inside the "on GetScripts" to show all the scripts.

on GetScripts
   set the itemdelimiter to Tab
   put empty into fld AllScripts

   -- Sarah: 9th Feb 2009
   -- changed to using plain text, not htmltext and then using Rev 3 script colorization

   repeat with i = 1 to the number of lines in fld Display
.
.
.end GetScripts

The the last repeat seems don't work..

Salut,
Josep

El 25/05/2010, a las 4:19, Sarah Reichelt-2 [via Runtime Revolution] escribió:

I don't remember this script, but I suggest adding a check for tScript
being empty.

       repeat while the number of words in line -1 of tScript = 0
           delete last line of tScript
           if tScript is empty then exit repeat
       end repeat

That might fix it.

Cheers,
Sarah

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:10 AM, JosepM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The same for me, seems that enter into infite loop here:
>
>  -- Sarah: remove any blank lines at the end & make sure there are enough
> to space entries
>        repeat while the number of words in line -1 of tScript = 0
>            delete last line of tScript
>        end repeat
>

> Any idea?
>
> Salut,
> Josep

View message @ http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Script-Reporter-v1-1-crashes-tp2228724p2229415.html
To unsubscribe from Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes, click here.

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

slylabs13
Is Display a keyword now? Try enclosing the field name in quotes. I make it a habit to do so to avoid the possibility of getting it confused with a keyword or a variable.

Bob

Andrew Kluthe wrote:

 > Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> What do you use that output for?
 >>
 >> There may be other ways to solve the root problem....
 >
 > I just want to look off of them to use as a guide for doing a re-write.

Thanks.

I ask because I used to write script dumpers for every new xTalk I
picked up, but over the years I found the workflow involving them less
effective than looking at the problem sort of inside-out:  rather than
taking scripts out of their context where they live and where I could
work on them directly, I've become more interested in exploring ways to
find what I'm looking for in that native context.

Can you tell us a bit more about this review process and the scope of
the rewrite?

I wonder if some of my script searching tools may be able to help.

  Fourth World

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

Andrew Kluthe
Most of the script i need to re-write is just in card scripts of my stacks. The re-write is just a new user interface with some extreme code refactoring. Its probably like 4 stacks with a couple of cards each. Its not super big deal, but it would be very helpful because the stacks I need to re-write won't even load correctly in the IDE.

Andrew Kluthe wrote:
> Most of the script i need to re-write is just in card scripts of my stacks.
> The re-write is just a new user interface with some extreme code
> refactoring. Its probably like 4 stacks with a couple of cards each. Its not
> super big deal, but it would be very helpful because the stacks I need to
> re-write won't even load correctly in the IDE.

How did that happen?

Never seen that before....

  Fourth World

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

Andrew Kluthe
The thing is, I am not sure. I started building this application while learning runRev a few months back. I started it as just research into a project I was hired to work on. The client wanted me to continue work after seeing such results in days rather than weeks. At this point I decided to use the GLX Framework. I was bothered by the fact that I didn't fully understand rev let alone the GLX framework so two weeks later I removed it. This is when it started that most of my time programming turned into cleaning up the problems that the nasty research codebase that was definitely not any good and fixing problems that ripping GLX out had caused. My program was nearing completion and suddenly I couldn't track down a localhost DB connection my application was trying to make that didn't exist anymore (from before I started using SQL Yoga).

There were other more serious problems that I posted about here:
http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Strange-behavior-in-the-IDE-td2223808.html#a2223808

It won't take me long to re-write and it would be a serious benefit to my finished product if I did.

Re: Script Reporter v1.1 crashes

william humphrey-2
Andrew

How is your work on this project going? Did you decide to re-do it all
with SQLyoga and Framework? Are you using Valentina as the database?