Script Wierdness

Bob Sneidar-2
Hi all.

I wanted to warn everyone, if you are experiencing unexpected behavior in your scripts, try copy/pasting the entire script to a text only script editor, then back into the SE and recompiling. (BTW if you GET to recompile, then what you are PASTING is decidedly NOT what you originally copied!!!)

I was getting errors I thought were related to using GLX2, but it turned out there was something not visible in the script text. Using the method above it completely cleared up the issue. I think the conversion from V6 (not unicode) to V8 (unicode capable) did something unintended to the scripts (and datagrids too if I am not mistaken).

I also had issues with certain data grids, and after copy/pasting to a new stack, deleting the original along with it's datagrid template, then copy/pasting the datagrid back into place, the issue disappeared. This has occured with more than one datagrid too.

Re: Script Wierdness

Stephen Barncard-4
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I also had issues with certain data grids, and after copy/pasting to a new
> stack, deleting the original along with it's datagrid template, then
> copy/pasting the datagrid back into place, the issue disappeared. This has
> occured with more than one datagrid too.
>
> Bob S

I wrote a test app to check on what was in the clipboard array and included
a hex listing to reveal gremlins in c/p text and I found it often turned
out to be either nulls or lost backspaces.

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org