Script-only-stack file issue 9.0.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Script-only-stack file issue 9.0.1

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Is anyone having issues with creating and assigning SOS's as behaviors in
9.0.1?

--
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
On the second day, God created the oceans.
On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Script-only-stack file issue 9.0.1

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
NM.  This is related to having double-quotes in a foldername.

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 3:47 PM Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Is anyone having issues with creating and assigning SOS's as behaviors in
> 9.0.1?
>
> --
> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> On the second day, God created the oceans.
> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."
>


--
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
On the second day, God created the oceans.
On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Script-only-stack file issue 9.0.1

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I know you know, but it bears repeating, you can never go wrong following that old IT adage, no special characters in a filename, no spaces or caps in a SQL column name. In fact I don't even like spaces in a filename because if at some point I want to share it over FTP, and the FTP server has a web service, well now I have to account for spaces.

Bob S


> On Sep 22, 2018, at 13:04 , Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> NM.  This is related to having double-quotes in a foldername.


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Script-only-stack file issue 9.0.1

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Unfortunately, the tao of lc isn't documented everywhere, and things that
work on one os don't work on another, see "All the filenames that work on
every platform but not on Windows".  There seems to be another issue with
single-quotes in paths, even though LC specifically substitutes them into
paths in some circumstances.
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Script-only-stack file issue 9.0.1

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know you know, but it bears repeating, you can never go wrong following
> that old IT adage, no special characters in a filename, no spaces or caps
> in a SQL column name. In fact I don't even like spaces in a filename
> because if at some point I want to share it over FTP, and the FTP server
> has a web service, well now I have to account for spaces.
>

a-z, A-Z, 0-9, underbar, and dot.  That's  it.

Pretty much anything else in a filename causes problems with some system or
another.

and mixed case is a problem itself with some older ones, such as CP/M,
which would *usually* covert to upper case (but if a file was created from
a program, such as MSBASIC, that check could be passed, and a filename that
couldn't be accessed from the command line could be created).



--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Script-only-stack file issue 9.0.1

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
If you're on windows, there is no case-sensitivity, so when using git, for
example, there are issues with "file" and "FILE" because they're the same
to windows.  Then there are the names thou shalt never use (con, prn, aux,
nul, com1, com2, com3, com4, com5, com6, com7, com8, com9, com0, lpt1,
lpt2, lpt3, lpt3, lpt4, lpt5, lpt6, lpt7, lpt8, lpt9, lpt0 and others).  So
it's not just so-called special characters that can be a problem.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 2:35 PM doc hawk via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I know you know, but it bears repeating, you can never go wrong following
> > that old IT adage, no special characters in a filename, no spaces or caps
> > in a SQL column name. In fact I don't even like spaces in a filename
> > because if at some point I want to share it over FTP, and the FTP server
> > has a web service, well now I have to account for spaces.
> >
>
> a-z, A-Z, 0-9, underbar, and dot.  That's  it.
>
> Pretty much anything else in a filename causes problems with some system or
> another.
>
> and mixed case is a problem itself with some older ones, such as CP/M,
> which would *usually* covert to upper case (but if a file was created from
> a program, such as MSBASIC, that check could be passed, and a filename that
> couldn't be accessed from the command line could be created).
>
>
>
> --
> Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
> (702) 508-8462
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>


--
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
On the second day, God created the oceans.
On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode