Scrollbars in 8.1.3

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I seem quite unable to set a scrollbar to
be vertical in LC 8.1.3 (Mac OS 10.7.5).

Re: Scrollbars in 8.1.3

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
How are you trying to set the scrollbar to vertical?

Setting or dragging the SB rect to the desired dimensions should automatically change it’s orientation as soon as it's width is less than it's heigh, is this not working?

Paul

> On May 6, 2017, at 6:42 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I seem quite unable to set a scrollbar to
> be vertical in LC 8.1.3 (Mac OS 10.7.5).
>
> Richmond.

Re: Scrollbars in 8.1.3

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I don't know.

I just set up a vertical scrollbar in an LC 7.1.4 stack, saved it and
opened it up in 8.1.3.

Richmond.

On 5/6/17 6:51 pm, Paul Hibbert via use-livecode wrote:

> How are you trying to set the scrollbar to vertical?
>
> Setting or dragging the SB rect to the desired dimensions should automatically change it’s orientation as soon as it's width is less than it's heigh, is this not working?
>
> Paul
>

>> On May 6, 2017, at 6:42 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I seem quite unable to set a scrollbar to
>> be vertical in LC 8.1.3 (Mac OS 10.7.5).
>>
>> Richmond.

Re: Scrollbars in 8.1.3

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
In LC 7.1.4 you can set the orientation property in the inspector panel under Basic Properties, but not in LC 8.1.3 for some reason, the option menu is greyed out which suggests it could be a bug to me, however, the dictionary states:

Use the orientation property <> to find out whether a scrollbar <> is horizontal or vertical.

If the scrollbar's height <> is greater than or equal to its width <>, the scrollbar <> is vertical. If the width <> is greater than the height <>, the scrollbar <> is horizontal.

To change a scrollbar's orientation, change its width <> and height <> properties <>.

The dictionary for LC7 or 8 doesn’t say you can set this property, and if you try using the message box it tells you that it can’t set this property. So I guess you will have to set the orientation by setting the size to suit in LC 8.1.3.

I don’t see why the option should be greyed out though.

Paul

Paul
[hidden email]

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1