Second edition of Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner

Second edition of Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Hi everyone,,

I hope you have a great Chrsitmas and a great year behind you. This ear
I've been busier than ever. One of my projects was the second edition of
my book Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner.

https://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=programming-livecode-for-the-real-beginner

The book has been updated to include the changes in recent versions of
LiveCode. Important changes concern the properties inspector and the
standalone application settings window. Large parts of the chapter about
properties have been rewritten and several pictures have been updated.

Almost no sample scripts needed to be updated, apart from a number of
Unicode-related scripts. I've decided, however, to discuss both the
unicodeEncode/unicodeDecode as well as the textEncode/textDecode
functions. It seems to me that the old functions are still useful, even
if only for the sake of backward compatibility. (Not so long ago, I had
a project where direct conversion using uniEncode and uniDecode seemed
the easiest route).

Currently, we're in the process of updating the website. I have replaced
the old (red) cover picture with a picture of the new, fresh, yellow
cover. A few details still need to be adjusted. Soon, we will raise the
price of the book. The price change is due to DHL's decision to increase
the tarrif for books. The current price is 32 euro but we are forced to
raise the price, prrobably by 4 euro to 36 euro. As long as the price on
the website hasn't been changed, you can still purchase the book at the
old price.

IF you have any questions, please write to [hidden email].
Don't use an e-mail address that is affiliated with Apple (for instance
mac.com, apple.com, icloud.com; we won't be able to confirm your address
and send you a book). The book is available as a paperback and not in an
electronic format and we ship all over the world (with China as a
possible exception; contact support if you're in China).

--
Mark Schonewille
Economy-x-Talk

Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner
http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=programming-livecode-for-the-real-beginner

Re: Second edition of Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Right on Mark...wishing you success with the book.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 7:30 PM Drs Mark Schonewille via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,,
>
> I hope you have a great Chrsitmas and a great year behind you. This ear
> I've been busier than ever. One of my projects was the second edition of
> my book Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner.
>

> https://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=programming-livecode-for-the-real-beginner
>
> The book has been updated to include the changes in recent versions of
> LiveCode. Important changes concern the properties inspector and the
> standalone application settings window. Large parts of the chapter about
> properties have been rewritten and several pictures have been updated.
>
> Almost no sample scripts needed to be updated, apart from a number of
> Unicode-related scripts. I've decided, however, to discuss both the
> unicodeEncode/unicodeDecode as well as the textEncode/textDecode
> functions. It seems to me that the old functions are still useful, even
> if only for the sake of backward compatibility. (Not so long ago, I had
> a project where direct conversion using uniEncode and uniDecode seemed
> the easiest route).
>
> Currently, we're in the process of updating the website. I have replaced
> the old (red) cover picture with a picture of the new, fresh, yellow
> cover. A few details still need to be adjusted. Soon, we will raise the
> price of the book. The price change is due to DHL's decision to increase
> the tarrif for books. The current price is 32 euro but we are forced to
> raise the price, prrobably by 4 euro to 36 euro. As long as the price on
> the website hasn't been changed, you can still purchase the book at the
> old price.
>
> IF you have any questions, please write to [hidden email].
> Don't use an e-mail address that is affiliated with Apple (for instance
> mac.com, apple.com, icloud.com; we won't be able to confirm your address
> and send you a book). The book is available as a paperback and not in an
> electronic format and we ship all over the world (with China as a
> possible exception; contact support if you're in China).
>
> --
> Mark Schonewille
> Economy-x-Talk
> https://ecxtalk.nl
> https://www.nt2.nu
>
> Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner
>
> http://www3.economy-x-talk.com/file.php?node=programming-livecode-for-the-real-beginner

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer
MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com)
Office:226-706-9339
Mobile:226-706-9793

Re: Second edition of Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Thanks Tom!

Mark Schonewille
Economy-x-Talk