Selecting ComboBox text

Devin Asay
I know that the comboBox style menu button is a hybrid of a drop down
menu and a field. As such it has some properties of buttons, some of
fields. Does anyone know if it's possible to select all or part of
the text box part of a comboBox control? The docs and list archives
seem to be silent on the subject.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University

Re: Selecting ComboBox text

xtalkprogrammer
Sure, Devin, it is possible to select the visible line. Have you
tried it?

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 11-mei-2006, om 20:08 heeft Devin Asay het volgende geschreven:

> I know that the comboBox style menu button is a hybrid of a drop
> down menu and a field. As such it has some properties of buttons,
> some of fields. Does anyone know if it's possible to select all or
> part of the text box part of a comboBox control? The docs and list
> archives seem to be silent on the subject.
>
> Devin
>
> Devin Asay
> Humanities Technology and Research Support Center
> Brigham Young University

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Selecting ComboBox text

Devin Asay

On May 11, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Sure, Devin, it is possible to select the visible line. Have you
> tried it?

Oops! I see my mistake. (When will I learn?) I was trying it from the
message box, which always returns focus to itself after executing, so
it negates the effects of selecting text.

Bedankt, Mark!

Devin

> Op 11-mei-2006, om 20:08 heeft Devin Asay het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I know that the comboBox style menu button is a hybrid of a drop
>> down menu and a field. As such it has some properties of buttons,
>> some of fields. Does anyone know if it's possible to select all or
>> part of the text box part of a comboBox control? The docs and list
>> archives seem to be silent on the subject.
>>
>> Devin
>>
>> Devin Asay
>> Humanities Technology and Research Support Center
>> Brigham Young University

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University