Quantcast

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH

prothero--- via use-livecode
Has anyone successfully set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH for Mac/Linux apps?  I've found that I can set the variable using:

        put tValue into $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and it appears to be set as far as the IDE is concerned.  However, if I use the shell command to display the value of this variable

        put shell("printenv")
or
        put shell("echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH")

it's empty!

Similarly, if I try to set this in the shell script:

        put shell("export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=" & quote & tValue & quote & return & "printenv")

it doesn't work either!

Other environment variables seem to be OK.

Any suggestions please?

Peter
--
Peter Reid