Setting drive letter

Eva Isotalo-2
Hi everybody,

Saying it straight away,
I'm still using my old MC 2.4.3. :-)

Can I set a drive letter to a folder with MC?
I know how to do it with CMD but wanted to make it a one button click.

Cheers,
Eva

Re: Setting drive letter

Ken Ray

On Nov 15, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Eva Isotalo wrote:

Hi everybody,

Saying it straight away,
I'm still using my old MC 2.4.3. :-)

Can I set a drive letter to a folder with MC?

Not sure what you mean by that… what are you trying to make happen?

I know how to do it with CMD but wanted to make it a one button click.

You should be able to do it by executing the same command you'd do at the command line, but with the shell() function in MC.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray@...
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Re: Setting drive letter

Eva Isotalo-2
I found the way with the shell and process, like you suggested. Sent the text to the cmd and closed it. Worked really well. :)

Thank you.

Eva

Re: Setting drive letter

Mark Schonewille-4
Hi Eva,

I have no clue what you're doing, but try this:

set the hideConsoleWindows to true
get shell(whatever your shell command is)

This way, the shell gets executed without showing the ugly black window.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Become our partner in sales http://qery.us/1bq Start selling Color Converter today. 20% commission!

On 16 nov 2011, at 07:58, Eva Isotalo wrote:

> I found the way with the shell and process, like you suggested. Sent the text to the cmd and closed it. Worked really well. :)
>
> Thank you.
>
> Eva

Re: Setting drive letter

Eva Isotalo-2
Ahh good point Mark. Will do that. Thank you.

What I am trying to accomplish has to do with getting random (as it seem to me) errors after changing the "start stack" of my ancient game and saving it with my slightly newer MC. I want to make the game downloadable without the need of the CD. The game looks for a file on the CD at startup.
Because I can't get around the errors I figured I make the installed folder (everything is in one folder including the files the start stack looks for) into a virtual disk drive. Preferably right after the installation and without extra clicks for the user.
I also need to create a batch file and place it in the start folder (have not figured out how to do that yet) so the virtual folder exists after reboot. That is the theory of it. :)
If you have any tips & tricks of the batch part of my theory do share.

Cheers,
Eva