[Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

ScottR
I was going through some stored files recently and came across a demo reel I
put together in 2009 that showcases a bunch of UI work done from about 1998
to 2009 (when LiveCode was known as Revolution/MetaCard).  The resolution is
not great, but thought it might be of interest to see some of the LiveCode
projects briefly in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

Keith Clarke
…thanks for sharing Scott. There are some brilliant examples of user-centric design here and I for one am inspired by the way you have bridged art & engineering to create engaging interfaces.
Best,
Keith..

On 13 Mar 2013, at 08:47, Scott Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was going through some stored files recently and came across a demo reel I
> put together in 2009 that showcases a bunch of UI work done from about 1998
> to 2009 (when LiveCode was known as Revolution/MetaCard).  The resolution is
> not great, but thought it might be of interest to see some of the LiveCode
> projects briefly in action.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

Thierry Douez
2013/3/13 Scott Rossi <[hidden email]>

very inspiring...

could be a nice entry for Peter's 1001 blog.

Thierry

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

Klaus on-rev
Hi Scott,

Am 13.03.2013 um 09:47 schrieb Scott Rossi <[hidden email]>:

> I was going through some stored files recently and came across a demo reel I
> put together in 2009 that showcases a bunch of UI work done from about 1998
> to 2009 (when LiveCode was known as Revolution/MetaCard).  The resolution is
> not great, but thought it might be of interest to see some of the LiveCode
> projects briefly in action.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI

"This video is not available in your country!"?

YouTube :-(

> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

Roger Eller
YouTube says "The content owner has not made this video available for
mobile."

Sent from my Pipo M2
On Mar 13, 2013 4:47 AM, "Scott Rossi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was going through some stored files recently and came across a demo reel
> put together in 2009 that showcases a bunch of UI work done from about 1998
> to 2009 (when LiveCode was known as Revolution/MetaCard).  The resolution
> is
> not great, but thought it might be of interest to see some of the LiveCode
> projects briefly in action.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

skiplondon
Very nice!

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Scott Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was going through some stored files recently and came across a demo reel
> put together in 2009 that showcases a bunch of UI work done from about 1998
> to 2009 (when LiveCode was known as Revolution/MetaCard).  The resolution
> is
> not great, but thought it might be of interest to see some of the LiveCode
> projects briefly in action.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

ScottR
Open the sidebar menu (click the icon at the top left that looks like 3 bars), scroll down to the bottom and select the "Desktop" option.  The page layout will change and you should be able to view the video.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design

On Mar 13, 2013, at 4:35 AM, Roger Eller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> YouTube says "The content owner has not made this video available for
> mobile."
>
> Sent from my Pipo M2
> On Mar 13, 2013 4:47 AM, "Scott Rossi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I was going through some stored files recently and came across a demo reel
>> put together in 2009 that showcases a bunch of UI work done from about 1998
>> to 2009 (when LiveCode was known as Revolution/MetaCard).  The resolution
>> is
>> not great, but thought it might be of interest to see some of the LiveCode
>> projects briefly in action.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Scott Rossi
>> Creative Director
>> Tactile Media, UX Design

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

ScottR
Hi Klaus:

A Flash version is here that could work: http://tactilemedia.com/site_files/demos/reel/

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design

Am 13.03.2013 um 15:36 schrieb Scott Rossi <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Klaus:
>
> A Flash version is here that could work: http://tactilemedia.com/site_files/demos/reel/

yeah, great, thanks! :-)

> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX Design
>
> On Mar 13, 2013, at 4:11 AM, Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI
>>
>> "This video is not available in your country!"?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

Phil Davis-5
I sent the link to a client and told him if he ever wants to take a
running jump off the edge with a UI makeover of his multi-app desktop
system, we should hire this guy.  ;-)  Of course, hell would freeze over
first, but it's a completely fun idea.

Thanks Scott!
Phil

On 3/13/13 4:11 AM, Klaus on-rev wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Am 13.03.2013 um 09:47 schrieb Scott Rossi <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I was going through some stored files recently and came across a demo reel I
>> put together in 2009 that showcases a bunch of UI work done from about 1998
>> to 2009 (when LiveCode was known as Revolution/MetaCard).  The resolution is
>> not great, but thought it might be of interest to see some of the LiveCode
>> projects briefly in action.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI
> "This video is not available in your country!"?
>
> YouTube :-(
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Scott Rossi
>> Creative Director
>> Tactile Media, UX Design
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Phil Davis

Re: [Shameless Post] Forgotten Reel

J. Landman Gay
On 3/13/13 3:47 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> I was going through some stored files recently and came across a demo reel I
> put together in 2009 that showcases a bunch of UI work done from about 1998
> to 2009 (when LiveCode was known as Revolution/MetaCard).  The resolution is
> not great, but thought it might be of interest to see some of the LiveCode
> projects briefly in action.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNGit8xlhI

Oh. Wow. I feel so...inadequate.

Amazing talent, there are no words.

[OT] Preload hoses my system

Richmond Mathewson-2
Desperately in need of help:

installed 'preload' on my main rig (Ubuntustudio 12.10) and the thing
rebooted and got stuck.

Tried to remove preload using a Livedisk and chroot to no avail,
and now in the 'sh*t'

Anubody with any suggestions?

Re: [OT] Preload hoses my system

Colin Holgate-2
Can you get to the command line on that system, and do this:

sudo apt-get remove preload

On 03/17/2013 04:30 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> Can you get to the command line on that system, and do this:
>
> sudo apt-get remove preload

That would be lovely if I could.

Especially as that is the most obvious thing to do :P

trying "drop to root shell prompt"

no joy

Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/

trying dpkg

nothing

Horrible.

Re: [OT] Preload hoses my system

Mike Bonner
You might try this:
http://blog.troyastle.com/2010/06/boot-to-single-user-mode-in-ubuntu-1004.htmlto
get into single user mode.

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Richmond <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 03/17/2013 04:30 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
>
>> Can you get to the command line on that system, and do this:
>>
>> sudo apt-get remove preload
>>

> That would be lovely if I could.
>
> Especially as that is the most obvious thing to do :P
>
> trying "drop to root shell prompt"
>
> no joy
>
> Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
> Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
>
> trying dpkg
>
> nothing
>
> Horrible.

Re: [OT] Preload hoses my system

Richmond Mathewson-2
I have successfully got inside and removed preload, but it still will not
boot; I suspect that preload has left all sorts of cruft lying around.

Re: [OT] Preload hoses my system

Richmond Mathewson-2
The most alrming message seems to be this for all disk partitions:

No Caching mode page present.

Re: [OT] Preload hoses my system

Mike Bonner
Most likely is related to a usb drive (stick or external) but if its
happening for regular old internal drive NOT usb connected there is
definitely something going on. Though if you do have an external drive or
two you might try to boot without them and see if you still get the
message.

Its also possible to set the loglevel different or boot in quiet mode, but
if you're like me you actually want to see those messages. if I come across
anything else i'll let you know.

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Richmond <[hidden email]>wrote:

> The most alrming message seems to be this for all disk partitions:
>
> No Caching mode page present.
>

> Richmond.

Re: [OT] Preload hoses my system

Dr. Hawkins
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Richmond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 03/17/2013 04:30 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
>>
>> Can you get to the command line on that system, and do this:
>> sudo apt-get remove preload

> That would be lovely if I could.
> Especially as that is the most obvious thing to do :P
> trying "drop to root shell prompt"

> no joy
>
> Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
> Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/

try booting into single user,  then "mount -a", at which point most
low-level things should be functional
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

On 03/17/2013 05:24 PM, Mike Bonner wrote:
> Most likely is related to a usb drive (stick or external) but if its
> happening for regular old internal drive NOT usb connected there is
> definitely something going on. Though if you do have an external drive or
> two you might try to boot without them and see if you still get the
> message.

I disconnected an internal USB drive (sdb) and those caching messages
went away.

Naively hoped that was 'it'.

BUT still not booting, and getting this:

a long list of "Setting IRQ priorities" followed by nothing.

Richmond.