Should RunRev create a testing circle for developers?

Should RunRev create a testing circle for developers?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but thought I would throw it out there.

Would it be helpful if the Mothership had a group activity where developers could put in a certain number of hours testing others' apps, and then cash in for an equal number of hours from other developers getting their own apps tested?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Should RunRev create a testing circle for developers?

jonathandlynch wrote:

 > Would it be helpful if the Mothership had a group activity where
 > developers could put in a certain number of hours testing others'
 > apps, and then cash in for an equal number of hours from other
 > developers getting their own apps tested?

I think such a pool is a very good idea, and perhaps even a great one if
we do it ourselves without encumbering the company with managing it.

There's little the company could contribute to such an effort that we
couldn't do ourselves, and moving that responsibility to them would take
time away from the tasks where that team is uniquely valuable, those
requiring C++ expertise.

If you would like to manage this project you may consider creating a
thread for it in the Community Projects section of the forums, where the
governance details can be worked out in collaboration with others:

http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=108

  LiveCode Community Liaison