Sierra update --> Xcode install --> LC no provisioning profile

Sierra update --> Xcode install --> LC no provisioning profile

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Well, as usual, upgrading OS X and doing an install of Xcode causes LC
8.0.01 not to find any provisioning profile and wants iOS 9.3 SDK.

The Xcode shows a 10.3 SDK so now I need to figure out how to add earlier
SDKs...any suggestions on how to go about this?

Or do I need to download Xcode 7.3 which has the iOS 9.3 SDK?

thanks,

Glen

Re: Sierra update --> Xcode install --> LC no provisioning profile

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
xcode 8.3 and 8.3.3

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 6:18 PM, Glen Bojsza via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, as usual, upgrading OS X and doing an install of Xcode causes LC
> 8.0.01 not to find any provisioning profile and wants iOS 9.3 SDK.
>
> The Xcode shows a 10.3 SDK so now I need to figure out how to add earlier
> SDKs...any suggestions on how to go about this?
>
> Or do I need to download Xcode 7.3 which has the iOS 9.3 SDK?
>
> thanks,
>
> Glen

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

RE: Sierra update --> Xcode install --> LC no provisioning profile

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Here's the deal with Sierra and LC 8.1.6

Xcode 8.3.3==> SDK 10.3 Simulator 10.3
Xcode 7.1.2==> SDK 9.2 Simulator 9.2
Xcode 6.2==> SDK 8.2 Simulator 8.2
Xcode 5.1.1==> SDK 7.1 Simulator 7.1
Xcode 4.6.3==> SDK 6.1 Simulator 6.1

To load all these versions without problems:

1] Keep only one version of Xcode in the applications folder named
Xcode.app.
2] Create an OldXcodeVersions folder.
3] When upgrading:
  A] Move Xcode.app from applications folder to the OldXcodeVersions folder
and rename it to Xcode.x.y.app.
  B] Download the new Xcode from the developer portal.
  C] Open up downloads and install Xcode into the applications folder..
  D] Open up the new Xcode.app
  E] In the LC prefs select...add a new Xcode.
  F] Add the Xcode that you just moved and renamed in A and B. This give you
access to older SDKs and simulators.
4] Never upgrade Xcode.*****
5] Never install from App Store . *****
6] Trash any versions of Xcode that were upgrades and re-download them fresh
from developers portal.
7] Open the downloaded Xcode versions one at a time named Xcode.app in the
applications folder and then move to the OldXcodeVersions folder and rename.

Repeat 6-7 for each old version you want access to. While installing these
old versions temporarily move your current xcode.app from the applications
to a temporary folder until done.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services

Re: Sierra update --> Xcode install --> LC no provisioning profile

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Thanks Ralph...I will use this as a guide.

I don't work enough with Xcode ( or Android ) to keep up on the basics.

Glen