Size restrictions when cloning or create a control in script

Size restrictions when cloning or create a control in script

Tom Glod via use-livecode
One of my students have come across what may be a bug. When trying to clone a control where width/height is less than 9, LiveCode reverts to default sizes set in the preferences for that particular control. The same happen if you try to create a new control by setting the with/height of the templateControl to less than 9. I know it is possible to create/clone the control after a lock screen command has been issued, change the sizes and then issue an unlock screen command, but this seems unnecessary, especially if you want to clone an existing control where the dimensions are already set. After all, if a clone is identical to the original object, then it can hardly be called a clone.

Should I file a bug report or is this something that should be considered a feature?

Regards
Tore Nilsen

Re: Size restrictions when cloning or create a control in script

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hi Tore,

This is a bug, which was fixed in LC 9.0 DP-4:

https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/pull/1501

You can modify the file
"/Contents/Toolset/libraries/revbackscriptlibrary.livecodescript" locally
in LC 8.x if you want to back port this change.

Best,
Panos
--

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Tore Nilsen via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> One of my students have come across what may be a bug. When trying to
> clone a control where width/height is less than 9, LiveCode reverts to
> default sizes set in the preferences for that particular control. The same
> happen if you try to create a new control by setting the with/height of the
> templateControl to less than 9. I know it is possible to create/clone the
> control after a lock screen command has been issued, change the sizes and
> then issue an unlock screen command, but this seems unnecessary, especially
> if you want to clone an existing control where the dimensions are already
> set. After all, if a clone is identical to the original object, then it can
> hardly be called a clone.
>
> Should I file a bug report or is this something that should be considered
> a feature?
>
> Regards
> Tore Nilsen

Re: Size restrictions when cloning or create a control in script

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Thank you, I will report back to my students as well.

Regards
Tore