Skipping a mark card

charles61
I have a project that uses marked cards to navigate them. Aside from unmarking a card, is there a way to skip a mark card when you are using a script (go to next marked card) to go to marked cards?

Re: Skipping a mark card

dunbarxx
Do you always want to do this, to always go to the following marked card?
In other words, to always go to the second marked card during any navigation?

If so, why not just lock the screen, go to the next marked card, and then
go to the next marked card?

It seems like an odd way to get around, though. I am missing something.

Craig Newman

In a message dated 11/3/10 8:46:17 AM, [hidden email] writes:

> I have a project that uses marked cards to navigate them. Aside from
> unmarking a card, is there a way to skip a mark card when you are using a
> script (go to next marked card) to go to marked cards?

Re: Skipping a mark card

charles61
Hi Craig,

I have a special marked card that is always marked. This because I also want it to be included when a text file is saved. I only want the special card to be accessible via a button.

In addition, I have other marked cards that the user has access to while using my application. I use the marked cards for the user to go from one marked card to others that are marked. I also use marked cards for printing. So, the special marked card is always saved even if it is empty. This special marked card is reserved for the user when a certain type of meeting is needed. When the user clicks on a button to go to this special card, the user can fill it out and print it. Then save it along with the other marked cards.

Charles Szasz
[hidden email]

In a message dated 11/3/10 8:46:17 AM, <a href="x-msg://87/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3025390&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow">[hidden email] writes:

> I have a project that uses marked cards to navigate them. Aside from
> unmarking a card, is there a way to skip a mark card when you are using a
> script (go to next marked card) to go to marked cards?

Re: Skipping a mark card

Richmond Mathewson-2
  'Skipping the difficult bits' is a well-documented sport, as well as
'Jumping to conclusions'
and 'Running a temperature':

http://openlibrary.org/books/OL2875493M/Alice_through_the_needle's_eye

So 'Skipping a marked card' is an extremely SHARP thing to do; mind you
I don't
how much money I would plonk down on the table if I knew my opponent
was using marked cards . . .  :)

On 11/3/10 3:48 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Do you always want to do this, to always go to the following marked card?
> In other words, to always go to the second marked card during any navigation?
>
> If so, why not just lock the screen, go to the next marked card, and then
> go to the next marked card?
>
> It seems like an odd way to get around, though. I am missing something.
>
> Craig Newman
>
> In a message dated 11/3/10 8:46:17 AM, [hidden email] writes:
>

>> I have a project that uses marked cards to navigate them. Aside from
>> unmarking a card, is there a way to skip a mark card when you are using a
>> script (go to next marked card) to go to marked cards?

Re: Skipping a mark card

charles61
Richmond,

Thanks for your humor!

Charles Szasz
[hidden email]

On 11/3/10 3:48 PM, <a href="x-msg://90/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3025410&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow">[hidden email] wrote:

> Do you always want to do this, to always go to the following marked card?
> In other words, to always go to the second marked card during any navigation?
>
> If so, why not just lock the screen, go to the next marked card, and then
> go to the next marked card?
>
> It seems like an odd way to get around, though. I am missing something.
>
> Craig Newman
>
> In a message dated 11/3/10 8:46:17 AM, <a href="x-msg://90/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3025410&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow">[hidden email] writes:
>

>> I have a project that uses marked cards to navigate them. Aside from
>> unmarking a card, is there a way to skip a mark card when you are using a
>> script (go to next marked card) to go to marked cards?

Re: Skipping a mark card

charles61
Craig,

I found that by checking the Find Command ignores box of the special marked card that I don't want the user to access using the marked command works! But this card has to be the last marked card in the stack to work.

When the user is on the next to last marked card and clicks on a navigation button to go to next marked card, the button does nothing. But on other marked cards it works. So this keeps the user from accessing the special marked card using navigation buttons.

In a message dated 11/3/10 8:46:17 AM, <a href="x-msg://94/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3025390&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow">[hidden email] writes:

> I have a project that uses marked cards to navigate them. Aside from
> unmarking a card, is there a way to skip a mark card when you are using a
> script (go to next marked card) to go to marked cards?

Re: Skipping a mark card

charles61
Craig,

I forgot to add that I had to use the following script in my navigation button in addition to checking the Find Command ignores box of the special marked card:

on mouseUp
   if  dontSearch of next marked card = false
   then
      go next marked card

In a message dated 11/3/10 8:46:17 AM, <a href="x-msg://96/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3025390&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow">[hidden email] writes:

> I have a project that uses marked cards to navigate them. Aside from
> unmarking a card, is there a way to skip a mark card when you are using a
> script (go to next marked card) to go to marked cards?

Re: Skipping a mark card

dunbarxx
Charles.

I see. So might you simply put an opencard handler into the script of your
special card, sending the user to the next marked card unless some property
was set?

Re: Skipping a mark card

Jim Ault
You might try   preOpenCard
which is sent before the user see the card being opened.

On Nov 3, 2010, at 1:56 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Charles.
>
> I see. So might you simply put an opencard handler into the script
> of your
> special card, sending the user to the next marked card unless some
> property
> was set?
> ______

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

Re: Skipping a mark card

charles61
Jim,

That is interesting! How would I script this using preOpenCard?

Charles Szasz
[hidden email]

On Nov 3, 2010, at 1:56 PM, <a href="x-msg://20/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=3026234&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow">[hidden email] wrote:

> Charles.
>
> I see. So might you simply put an opencard handler into the script
> of your
> special card, sending the user to the next marked card unless some
> property
> was set?
> ______

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

Re: Skipping a mark card

dunbarxx
Charles:

Just one possible way:

on preOpenCard
   if the yourSpecialProperty of this stack is "skip" then go next marked
card
end preOpenCard

You would create the custom property for the stack, and set it to "skip" or
empty depending on what you want to do.

Craig
In a message dated 11/4/10 10:09:32 AM, [hidden email] writes:

> That is interesting! How would I script this using preOpenCard?

Re: Skipping a mark card

Jim Ault
(untested, but might work)

In the stack script

on preopencard
    if the number of marked cards is the number of cards then
      answer "All cards are marked"
    else
       if the marked of this card is true then go next card
    end if
end preopencard

On Nov 4, 2010, at 7:27 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Charles:
>
> Just one possible way:
>
> on preOpenCard
>   if the yourSpecialProperty of this stack is "skip" then go next
> marked
> card
> end preOpenCard
>
> You would create the custom property for the stack, and set it to
> "skip" or
> empty depending on what you want to do.
>
> Craig
> In a message dated 11/4/10 10:09:32 AM, [hidden email] writes:
>

>> That is interesting! How would I script this using preOpenCard?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

Re: Skipping a mark card

charles61
Craig,

Thanks! I will try your script little later today.

Charles Szasz
[hidden email]