Slideshow with Revolution?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
42 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Slideshow with Revolution?

Joao Candido Portinari
Revolution friends and gurus,

I would appreciate very much any help you could kindly provide on the
following:

>> I am trying to build a slideshow using Revolution. It consists of some 200
>> images of paintings accompanied by a music soundtrack, lasting about 20
>> minutes (automatic play with dissolve transitions).
>>
>> The problem is the need for a practical way of creating an accurate
>> synchronization between the images and the music soundtrack (meaning that
>> each image must be shown at a specific time in the soundtrack).
>>
>> This sync creation process should be natural and easy enough, something like:
>>
>> 1. go to ³authoring mode²;
>> 2. play the slideshow and click ³go next card² when a specific musical event
>> is reached;
>> 3. repeat this process consecutively as the images go by, and commands for
>> ³go next card² should be inserted automatically in the script.

Do you know of any already existent stack that builds slideshows in this
way? If not, how do I write a script for this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Joao
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Mark Swindell
Revolution Media has slideshow built in.
Mark

On Apr 14, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Joao Candido Portinari wrote:

> Revolution friends and gurus,
>
> I would appreciate very much any help you could kindly provide on the
> following:
>
>>> I am trying to build a slideshow using Revolution. It consists of  
>>> some 200
>>> images of paintings accompanied by a music soundtrack, lasting  
>>> about 20
>>> minutes (automatic play with dissolve transitions).
>>>
>>> The problem is the need for a practical way of creating an accurate
>>> synchronization between the images and the music soundtrack  
>>> (meaning that
>>> each image must be shown at a specific time in the soundtrack).
>>>
>>> This sync creation process should be natural and easy enough,  
>>> something like:
>>>
>>> 1. go to “authoring mode”;
>>> 2. play the slideshow and click “go next card” when a specific  
>>> musical event
>>> is reached;
>>> 3. repeat this process consecutively as the images go by, and  
>>> commands for
>>> “go next card” should be inserted automatically in the script.
>
> Do you know of any already existent stack that builds slideshows in  
> this
> way? If not, how do I write a script for this?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joao
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
>

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Yves COPPE
In reply to this post by Joao Candido Portinari

Le 14 avr. 06 à 19:30, Joao Candido Portinari a écrit :

> Revolution friends and gurus,
>
> Do you know of any already existent stack that builds slideshows in  
> this
> way? If not, how do I write a script for this?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.


You can see what exist on the website of Klaus major :

Auto-slide stack

http://www.major-k.de/xtalke.html



Amicalement.

Yves COPPE
[hidden email]

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Slideshow with Revolution?

Joao Candido Portinari
In reply to this post by Joao Candido Portinari
My appreciation to Mark Swindell and Yves Coppe for their prompt reply to my
call for help.

However, their answers do not solve the problem, as the main point stated in
my message was to be able to synchronize the images with a music soundtrack,
that is, to write a script that would issue a command ³go to the next card²
whenever a specified musical event is reached In the soundtrack.

Let me try to be more explicit:

Imagine the music soundtrack is ³You¹ve got a friend²:

>> When you¹re down and troubled
>> And you need a helping hand
>> And nothing, oh nothing is going right.
>> Close your eyes and think of me
>> And soon I will be there
>> To brighten up even your darkest nights.
>>
>> You just call out my name,
>> And you know wherever I am
>> I¹ll come running, oh yeah baby
>> To see you again.
>> Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
>> All you have to do is call
>> And I¹ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
>> You¹ve got a friend.

Now suppose I start playing this 7-slides slideshow, the music starting with
slide 1.
When I reach the word ³helping² in the lyrics above, slide 2 is
automatically shown.
Then, when we reach the word ³eyes², move to the next card, and so on...
The last slide ‹ slide 7 -- must be shown when the lyrics reacj the word
³You¹ve².

In the authoring mode I listen to the music as the slideshow plays, and I
should be able to click ³next slide² every time a specified point (word) in
the lyrics is reached.

In the end, I would have an autoplay slideshow with all slide changes
completely determined by the procedure above, performed in authoring mode.

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.

Regards,

Joao



_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Chris Sheffield-2
Hi Joao,

Check out the callbacks property of the player object.  I believe  
this is what you want.  Only problem is it takes a bit of work  
initially to set up, but it's certainly doable.

Chris Sheffield


On Apr 14, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Joao Candido Portinari wrote:

> My appreciation to Mark Swindell and Yves Coppe for their prompt  
> reply to my
> call for help.
>
> However, their answers do not solve the problem, as the main point  
> stated in
> my message was to be able to synchronize the images with a music  
> soundtrack,
> that is, to write a script that would issue a command “go to the  
> next card”
> whenever a specified musical event is reached In the soundtrack.
>
> Let me try to be more explicit:
>
> Imagine the music soundtrack is “You’ve got a friend”:
>
>>> When you’re down and troubled
>>> And you need a helping hand
>>> And nothing, oh nothing is going right.
>>> Close your eyes and think of me
>>> And soon I will be there
>>> To brighten up even your darkest nights.
>>>
>>> You just call out my name,
>>> And you know wherever I am
>>> I’ll come running, oh yeah baby
>>> To see you again.
>>> Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
>>> All you have to do is call
>>> And I’ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
>>> You’ve got a friend.
>
> Now suppose I start playing this 7-slides slideshow, the music  
> starting with
> slide 1.
> When I reach the word “helping” in the lyrics above, slide 2 is
> automatically shown.
> Then, when we reach the word “eyes”, move to the next card, and so  
> on...
> The last slide — slide 7 -- must be shown when the lyrics reacj the  
> word
> “You’ve”.
>
> In the authoring mode I listen to the music as the slideshow plays,  
> and I
> should be able to click “next slide” every time a specified point  
> (word) in
> the lyrics is reached.
>
> In the end, I would have an autoplay slideshow with all slide changes
> completely determined by the procedure above, performed in  
> authoring mode.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joao
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution



------------------------------------------
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company
http://www.readnaturally.com
------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Andre Garzia
In reply to this post by Joao Candido Portinari
Joao,

the slideshow contains only paintings? like they are just one image  
per card?

if so, then you could use a SMIL file and a Quicktime player to  
synchronize them, but I think you'd loose the transitions.


On Apr 14, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Joao Candido Portinari wrote:

> My appreciation to Mark Swindell and Yves Coppe for their prompt  
> reply to my
> call for help.
>
> However, their answers do not solve the problem, as the main point  
> stated in
> my message was to be able to synchronize the images with a music  
> soundtrack,
> that is, to write a script that would issue a command “go to the  
> next card”
> whenever a specified musical event is reached In the soundtrack.
>
> Let me try to be more explicit:
>
> Imagine the music soundtrack is “You’ve got a friend”:
>
>>> When you’re down and troubled
>>> And you need a helping hand
>>> And nothing, oh nothing is going right.
>>> Close your eyes and think of me
>>> And soon I will be there
>>> To brighten up even your darkest nights.
>>>
>>> You just call out my name,
>>> And you know wherever I am
>>> I’ll come running, oh yeah baby
>>> To see you again.
>>> Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
>>> All you have to do is call
>>> And I’ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
>>> You’ve got a friend.
>
> Now suppose I start playing this 7-slides slideshow, the music  
> starting with
> slide 1.
> When I reach the word “helping” in the lyrics above, slide 2 is
> automatically shown.
> Then, when we reach the word “eyes”, move to the next card, and so  
> on...
> The last slide — slide 7 -- must be shown when the lyrics reacj the  
> word
> “You’ve”.
>
> In the authoring mode I listen to the music as the slideshow plays,  
> and I
> should be able to click “next slide” every time a specified point  
> (word) in
> the lyrics is reached.
>
> In the end, I would have an autoplay slideshow with all slide changes
> completely determined by the procedure above, performed in  
> authoring mode.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joao
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Thomas McGrath III
In reply to this post by Joao Candido Portinari
Joao,

This is actually not that difficult.
1.) Are you using a player?
2.) If so, is this one and only one soundtrack?

If so then in 'record' mode what you need to do is have a background  
object with a "Sync" field and a "Capture" button in it aside from  
your next and prev buttons.
Then in the script of the the capture button you can:

on mouseUp
put the currentTime of player "MySoundTrack"  & cr after field "Sync"
go next card
end mouseUp

Then play your soundtrack and hit the button when you want to capture  
the time and go to the next card.

Then in playback mode you can store the field "Sync" in a custom  
property of the stack and hide the background group for the SYNC  
field and Capture button.

So to put the field in the custom prop in the message box type:

put field "Sync" into the slideSync of stack "MyStackNameHere"

Then in the playyback script you will poll the current time of the  
player in a loop and go next page when the
current time reaches the recorded times in your custom prop.

on currentTimeChanged theInterval
if theInterval is in the slideSync of stack "MyStackNameHere" then
go next card
end if
end currentTimeChanged

You will have to deal with your auto start scripts and with the end  
of playing etc. but this should get you started.
HTHs

Tom



On Apr 14, 2006, at 1:30 PM, Joao Candido Portinari wrote:

> Revolution friends and gurus,
>
> I would appreciate very much any help you could kindly provide on the
> following:
>
>>> I am trying to build a slideshow using Revolution. It consists of  
>>> some 200
>>> images of paintings accompanied by a music soundtrack, lasting  
>>> about 20
>>> minutes (automatic play with dissolve transitions).
>>>
>>> The problem is the need for a practical way of creating an accurate
>>> synchronization between the images and the music soundtrack  
>>> (meaning that
>>> each image must be shown at a specific time in the soundtrack).
>>>
>>> This sync creation process should be natural and easy enough,  
>>> something like:
>>>
>>> 1. go to “authoring mode”;
>>> 2. play the slideshow and click “go next card” when a specific  
>>> musical event
>>> is reached;
>>> 3. repeat this process consecutively as the images go by, and  
>>> commands for
>>> “go next card” should be inserted automatically in the script.
>
> Do you know of any already existent stack that builds slideshows in  
> this
> way? If not, how do I write a script for this?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joao
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution

Thomas J McGrath III
[hidden email]

Lazy River Software™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com

Lazy River Metal Art™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/metal.html

Meeting Wear™ - http://www.cafepress.com/meetingwear

Semantic Compaction Systems - http://www.minspeak.com

SCIconics, LLC - http://www.sciconics.com/sciindex.html







_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Bob Warren-3
In reply to this post by Joao Candido Portinari
Joao Candido Portinari wrote:

 >Revolution friends and gurus,

 >I would appreciate very much any help you could kindly provide on the
 >following:


 >>>> I am trying to build a slideshow using Revolution. It consists of
some 200
 >>>> images of paintings accompanied by a music soundtrack, lasting
about 20
 >>>> minutes (automatic play with dissolve transitions).
 >>>>
 >>>> The problem is the need for a practical way of creating an accurate
 >>>> synchronization between the images and the music soundtrack
(meaning that
 >>>> each image must be shown at a specific time in the soundtrack).
 >>>>
 >>>> This sync creation process should be natural and easy enough,
something like:
 >>>>
 >>>> 1. go to ³authoring mode²;
 >>>> 2. play the slideshow and click ³go next card² when a specific
musical event
 >>>> is reached;
 >>>> 3. repeat this process consecutively as the images go by, and
commands for
 >>>> ³go next card² should be inserted automatically in the script.


 >Do you know of any already existent stack that builds slideshows in this
 >way? If not, how do I write a script for this?

 >Thank you very much for your help.

 >Regards,

 >Joao

-----------------------------------------------------------
Wow!
If Pablo Picasso's grandson suddenly popped up on the Use-Revolution
List, it would blow us all over, wouldn't it?

Well, that's more or less what's happened here!

Welcome Joao! The prestige of Revolution has suddnely rocketed!
I hope my friends can help you with your slideshow problem.

Very best regards,
Bob Warren (Florianopolis)



_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Andre Garzia

On Apr 14, 2006, at 7:47 PM, Bob Warren wrote:

> Wow!
> If Pablo Picasso's grandson suddenly popped up on the Use-
> Revolution List, it would blow us all over, wouldn't it?
>
> Well, that's more or less what's happened here!
>
> Welcome Joao! The prestige of Revolution has suddnely rocketed!
> I hope my friends can help you with your slideshow problem.
>
> Very best regards,
> Bob Warren (Florianopolis)


I knew that I knew that surname from somewhere :-)

all those art history classes on the film school...

Andre Garzia (Rio de Janeiro)

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Slideshow with Revolution?

Joao Candido Portinari-2
In reply to this post by Joao Candido Portinari
Hi good friends of this wonderful list! ‹ a list that proves that old
community spirit is alive...
(I knew my choice of ³You¹ve got a friend² lyrics was not fortuitous :-)

Thank you so much for your prompt and valuable help!

Especially to Chris Sheffield, Andre Garzia, Thomaz McGrath III, Glenn E.
Fisher, and Bob Warren, to whom I ask permission to respond collectively. (I
had already expressed my appreciation to Mark Swindell and Yves Coppe in a
previous message).

1. Hi Chris, thanks a lot! But I am sorry to say that, as a newcomer to
Revolution, I am not familiar with the ³callbacks property of the player
object². I would appreciate it if you could elaborate a bit further.
2. Andre, the slideshow contains only paintings and drawings, yes. Just one
image per card. The music soundtrack is also just one file, 22-minutes long.
I have tried using Keynote (version 2.0 allows the use of a soundtrack that
plays throughout the show). But I had to give up as I noticed that Keynote
lacks a feature allowing to sync images and sound ³on the run². It has to be
done ³manually², entering the times when the slides must advance in the
³Slide Transition² fields in the Inspector. And even then, the
synchonization can¹t be trusted, as it drifts around every time you play the
show. The advantage of Keynote over Quicktime is image quality. The
slideshow in Keynote is superb, as the images don¹t flicker and have a
marvelous definition, which is not the case with Quicktime, unless I¹m
missing something. It would be fantastic if Keynote¹s next version adds this
capability of syncing ³on the run². Thanks very much for your input!
3. Tom, I really appreciated you¹re taking the time to send me such an
informative and useful reply! I¹ll follow your advice, and see if I can
manage to get through to the end.
4. Hello Glenn, thanks very much! I¹m looking forward to receiving my key to
unlock access to revOnline, and be able to
5.  download the stacks you kindly uploaded.
6. Bob, thanks so much for your generous and friendly words of welcome! All
the best, Joao.
7. Hi Andre, thanks for the art history classes :-)

Thanks again, and all the best to you all,

Joao

PS - Please feel free to write me directly, at:
[hidden email] or [hidden email]





_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Sivakatirswami
Aloha and Namaste, Joao... welcome  to Revolution:

I would second Thomas McGrath's suggestion to use store and the  
recall the currentTime of the quicktime Player. Note, in case it was  
not clear, the use of Quicktime here is not meant for the display of  
the slides, only the playback of the  music. You would still display  
the images on cards and get  the quality you see in Keynote.

We are in fact hitting this very exact same wall with KeyNote here,  
where the goal is similar: sync a vocal presentation with the visuals  
for educational work. We too hope KeyNote will offer this sound sync  
option soon as the people using Keynote are not coders and the idea  
of putting a presentation together in Rev is beyond them. And Keynote  
has those automatic tools like auto detect second screen, presentor's  
notes on one screen, presentation on the audience screen, which all  
has to be built from scratch in Rev...... Jerry D.... are you  
listening? Drag and Drop Galaxy libs for presentors? Pretty  
pleeezze....people will pay for this stuff.)

But Thomas, your solution is very sweet... I will put a "recorder"  
stack together in a few days... and test it out. Joao: Let me know if  
you still don't figure this out, I will have a working model of  
Thomas's suggestion done in the next couple of days. I really need  
this right away...i already have stacks that are storing currenttimes  
in audio files.

Sivakatirswami





On Apr 15, 2006, at 3:41 PM, Joao Candido Portinari wrote:

> Hi good friends of this wonderful list! — a list that proves that old
> community spirit is alive...

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Sivakatirswami
In reply to this post by Thomas McGrath III
OK, Joao, Thomas, I could not resist... disclaimer... this is my  
first attempt to use callbacks in a player and I don't have a clue  
what I'm doing except to follow the docs as best one can...

I loaded a small test stack with 11 images and set a background group  
consisting of syncMusic fld, player (set to a .mp3 music  file ref)  
and button, way off to the right which will be out of the window rect  
in the end and did as you said and started the music and clicked the  
'record" button to go next card, recording the interval each time:

I got this in the fld:

21525
30222
36995
44598
52557
63045
72544
80195
88907
91849
96601

Not knowing how to implement your "poll the player's current time on  
a loop" suggestion --

(all my QT audio manager stacks poll on a second interval, so it's  
impossble to record exactly at a given second and polling with a send  
on 1/600 of a second (the timeScale for this player) seems CPU  
excessive, I may be missing something there as well, so...)

I tried to implement a callbacks model... and set the callbacks of  
the player like this:

on mouseUp
   put fld "syncMusic" into tIntervals
   repeat for each line x in tintervals
     put x &",goNext" & cr after tTransitionPoints
   end repeat
   delete line -1 of tTransitionPoints
   set the callbacks of player "music" to tTransitionPoints
end mouseUp

OK, now the player has this callbacks property:

21525,goNext
30222,goNext
36995,goNext
44598,goNext
52557,goNext
63045,goNext
72544,goNext
80195,goNext
88907,goNext
91849,goNext


and in  the player script I have.

on goNext
   go next card
end goNext

it doesn't work. I start the player and the "go next card" is not  
implemented when the intervals are reached... what am I missing?

Sivakatirswami

On Apr 14, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Joao,
>
> This is actually not that difficult.
> 1.) Are you using a player?
> 2.) If so, is this one and only one soundtrack?
>
> If so then in 'record' mode what you need to do is have a  
> background object with a "Sync" field and a "Capture" button in it  
> aside from your next and prev buttons.
> Then in the script of the the capture button you can:
>
> on mouseUp
> put the currentTime of player "MySoundTrack"  & cr after field "Sync"
> go next card
> end mouseUp
>
> Then play your soundtrack and hit the button when you want to  
> capture the time and go to the next card.
>
> Then in playback mode you can store the field "Sync" in a custom  
> property of the stack and hide the background group for the SYNC  
> field and Capture button.
>
> So to put the field in the custom prop in the message box type:
>
> put field "Sync" into the slideSync of stack "MyStackNameHere"
>
> Then in the playyback script you will poll the current time of the  
> player in a loop and go next page when the
> current time reaches the recorded times in your custom prop.
>
> on currentTimeChanged theInterval
> if theInterval is in the slideSync of stack "MyStackNameHere" then
> go next card
> end if
> end currentTimeChanged
>
> You will have to deal with your auto start scripts and with the end  
> of playing etc. but this should get you started.
> HTHs
>
> Tom
>
>
>
> On Apr 14, 2006, at 1:30 PM, Joao Candido Portinari wrote:
>
>> Revolution friends and gurus,
>>
>> I would appreciate very much any help you could kindly provide on the
>> following:
>>
>>>> I am trying to build a slideshow using Revolution. It consists  
>>>> of some 200
>>>> images of paintings accompanied by a music soundtrack, lasting  
>>>> about 20
>>>> minutes (automatic play with dissolve transitions).
>>>>
>>>> The problem is the need for a practical way of creating an accurate
>>>> synchronization between the images and the music soundtrack  
>>>> (meaning that
>>>> each image must be shown at a specific time in the soundtrack).
>>>>
>>>> This sync creation process should be natural and easy enough,  
>>>> something like:
>>>>
>>>> 1. go to “authoring mode”;
>>>> 2. play the slideshow and click “go next card” when a specific  
>>>> musical event
>>>> is reached;
>>>> 3. repeat this process consecutively as the images go by, and  
>>>> commands for
>>>> “go next card” should be inserted automatically in the script.
>>
>> Do you know of any already existent stack that builds slideshows  
>> in this
>> way? If not, how do I write a script for this?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Joao
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-revolution mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
> Thomas J McGrath III
> [hidden email]
>
> Lazy River Software™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com
>
> Lazy River Metal Art™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/metal.html
>
> Meeting Wear™ - http://www.cafepress.com/meetingwear
>
> Semantic Compaction Systems - http://www.minspeak.com
>
> SCIconics, LLC - http://www.sciconics.com/sciindex.html
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Klaus major-k
Hi Swami,

> OK, Joao, Thomas, I could not resist... disclaimer... this is my  
> first attempt to use callbacks in a player and I don't have a clue  
> what I'm doing except to follow the docs as best one can...
>
> I loaded a small test stack with 11 images and set a background  
> group consisting of syncMusic fld, player (set to a .mp3 music  
> file ref) and button, way off to the right which will be out of the  
> window rect in the end and did as you said and started the music  
> and clicked the 'record" button to go next card, recording the  
> interval each time:
>
> I got this in the fld:
>
> 21525
> 30222
> ...
> 88907,goNext
> 91849,goNext
>
>
> and in  the player script I have.
>
> on goNext
>   go next card
> end goNext
>
> it doesn't work. I start the player and the "go next card" is not  
> implemented when the intervals are reached... what am I missing?
>
> Sivakatirswami

does it work when you put the handler "goNext" into the stackscript?
Maybe it is just a message hierarchy problem?


Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Sivakatirswami
Aum, Klaus:

right, you got it...

The callbacks of player "music"

3508,goNext
8286,goNext
11627,goNext
14132,goNext
16532,goNext
19119,goNext
21160,goNext
23527,goNext
25975,goNext
27750,goNext


Script of player "Music"

on goNext
   nextCard
end goNext

Stack script:

on nextCard
   visual effect dissolve very fast
   go next card
end nextCard


it works... marvelous, that's too easy (smile)

Joao, I have sent you my stack off list... the player is set to a URL  
on our site, so, enjoy the music (smile) (I will put this on  
RevOnline tomorrow)

Sivakatirswami






On Apr 26, 2006, at 1:31 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Swami,
>
>> OK, Joao, Thomas, I could not resist... disclaimer... this is my  
>> first attempt to use callbacks in a player and I don't have a clue  
>> what I'm doing except to follow the docs as best one can...
>>
>> I loaded a small test stack with 11 images and set a background  
>> group consisting of syncMusic fld, player (set to a .mp3 music  
>> file ref) and button, way off to the right which will be out of  
>> the window rect in the end and did as you said and started the  
>> music and clicked the 'record" button to go next card, recording  
>> the interval each time:
>>
>> I got this in the fld:
>>
>> 21525
>> 30222
>> ...
>> 88907,goNext
>> 91849,goNext
>>
>>
>> and in  the player script I have.
>>
>> on goNext
>>   go next card
>> end goNext
>>
>> it doesn't work. I start the player and the "go next card" is not  
>> implemented when the intervals are reached... what am I missing?
>>
>> Sivakatirswami
>
> does it work when you put the handler "goNext" into the stackscript?
> Maybe it is just a message hierarchy problem?
>
>
> Regards
>
> Klaus Major

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Sivakatirswami
Additional note:

:-( player properties are not properly update if you set the player  
filename to

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/audio/natchintanai/Elil-Nallai_Pon- 
Sundara.mp3

(a beautiful Tamil song...)

I only get the first two callbacks, after that, they fail... so, the  
reference to player object must be local.

Sivakatirswami



On Apr 26, 2006, at 1:49 AM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Aum, Klaus:
>
> right, you got it...
>
> The callbacks of player "music"
>
> 3508,goNext
> 8286,goNext
> 11627,goNext
> 14132,goNext
> 16532,goNext
> 19119,goNext
> 21160,goNext
> 23527,goNext
> 25975,goNext
> 27750,goNext
>
>
> Script of player "Music"
>
> on goNext
>   nextCard
> end goNext
>
> Stack script:
>
> on nextCard
>   visual effect dissolve very fast
>   go next card
> end nextCard
>
>
> it works... marvelous, that's too easy (smile)
>
> Joao, I have sent you my stack off list... the player is set to a  
> URL on our site, so, enjoy the music (smile) (I will put this on  
> RevOnline tomorrow)
>
> Sivakatirswami
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Apr 26, 2006, at 1:31 AM, Klaus Major wrote:
>
>> Hi Swami,
>>
>>> OK, Joao, Thomas, I could not resist... disclaimer... this is my  
>>> first attempt to use callbacks in a player and I don't have a  
>>> clue what I'm doing except to follow the docs as best one can...
>>>
>>> I loaded a small test stack with 11 images and set a background  
>>> group consisting of syncMusic fld, player (set to a .mp3 music  
>>> file ref) and button, way off to the right which will be out of  
>>> the window rect in the end and did as you said and started the  
>>> music and clicked the 'record" button to go next card, recording  
>>> the interval each time:
>>>
>>> I got this in the fld:
>>>
>>> 21525
>>> 30222
>>> ...
>>> 88907,goNext
>>> 91849,goNext
>>>
>>>
>>> and in  the player script I have.
>>>
>>> on goNext
>>>   go next card
>>> end goNext
>>>
>>> it doesn't work. I start the player and the "go next card" is not  
>>> implemented when the intervals are reached... what am I missing?
>>>
>>> Sivakatirswami
>>
>> does it work when you put the handler "goNext" into the stackscript?
>> Maybe it is just a message hierarchy problem?
>>
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Klaus Major
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Klaus major-k
Hi Swami,

> Additional note:
>
> :-( player properties are not properly update if you set the player  
> filename to
> http://www.himalayanacademy.com/audio/natchintanai/Elil-Nallai_Pon- 
> Sundara.mp3
> (a beautiful Tamil song...)
> I only get the first two callbacks, after that, they fail... so,  
> the reference to player object must be local.

hmmm...?

I opened your stack, clicked "Begin" and could see and hear the music  
"online!" and all images
so ALL callbacks are being executed here!

OS X 10.4.6, Rev 2.7.

> Sivakatirswami
>
> On Apr 26, 2006, at 1:49 AM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> Aum, Klaus:
>>
>> right, you got it...
>> The callbacks of player "music"
>> 3508,goNext
>> 8286,goNext
>> ...
>> 27750,goNext
>>
>> Script of player "Music"

Not even necessary! ;-)

##on goNext
##  nextCard
##end goNext

##Stack script:

on goNext
   visual effect dissolve very fast
   go next card
end goNext

>> it works... marvelous, that's too easy (smile)
>>
>> Joao, I have sent you my stack off list... the player is set to a  
>> URL on our site, so, enjoy the music (smile) (I will put this on  
>> RevOnline tomorrow)
>>
>> Sivakatirswami

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Slideshow with Revolution?

Thomas McGrath III
Sivakatirswami and Klaus,

Do you have the sample stack online? I'd like to check it out. Seems  
great so far.

Tom

On Apr 26, 2006, at 8:14 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Swami,
>
>> Additional note:
>>
>> :-( player properties are not properly update if you set the  
>> player filename to
>> http://www.himalayanacademy.com/audio/natchintanai/Elil-Nallai_Pon- 
>> Sundara.mp3
>> (a beautiful Tamil song...)
>> I only get the first two callbacks, after that, they fail... so,  
>> the reference to player object must be local.
>
> hmmm...?
>
> I opened your stack, clicked "Begin" and could see and hear the  
> music "online!" and all images
> so ALL callbacks are being executed here!
>
> OS X 10.4.6, Rev 2.7.
>
>> Sivakatirswami
>>
>> On Apr 26, 2006, at 1:49 AM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>>> Aum, Klaus:
>>>
>>> right, you got it...
>>> The callbacks of player "music"
>>> 3508,goNext
>>> 8286,goNext
>>> ...
>>> 27750,goNext
>>>
>>> Script of player "Music"
>
> Not even necessary! ;-)
>
> ##on goNext
> ##  nextCard
> ##end goNext
>
> ##Stack script:
>
> on goNext
>   visual effect dissolve very fast
>   go next card
> end goNext
>
>>> it works... marvelous, that's too easy (smile)
>>>
>>> Joao, I have sent you my stack off list... the player is set to a  
>>> URL on our site, so, enjoy the music (smile) (I will put this on  
>>> RevOnline tomorrow)
>>>
>>> Sivakatirswami
>
> Regards
>
> Klaus Major
> [hidden email]
> http://www.major-k.de
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution

Thomas J McGrath III
[hidden email]

Lazy River Software™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com

Lazy River Metal Art™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/metal.html

Meeting Wear™ - http://www.cafepress.com/meetingwear

Semantic Compaction Systems - http://www.minspeak.com

SCIconics, LLC - http://www.sciconics.com/sciindex.html







_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Converting a RunRev App to a Web-Based App?

David Burgun
Hi,

I've just had an enquiry about an application I developed in RunRev a  
while back. It's basically a small database that contains small  
images, a 2D size and a product code. They would like to convert this  
to a web based application. How easy/difficult would it be to convert  
the existing app to run as a web-based app?

Thanks a Lot
All the Best
Dave


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Converting a RunRev App to a Web-Based App?

xtalkprogrammer
If Revolution is allowed to run on their server, it would be very  
easy for me. If not, it would be as difficult as developing any other  
web based application from scratch.

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering
http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Salery is the easiest way to set up your own web store: http://
www.salery.biz/salery.html


Op 26-apr-2006, om 16:50 heeft David Burgun het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,
>
> I've just had an enquiry about an application I developed in RunRev  
> a while back. It's basically a small database that contains small  
> images, a 2D size and a product code. They would like to convert  
> this to a web based application. How easy/difficult would it be to  
> convert the existing app to run as a web-based app?
>
> Thanks a Lot
> All the Best
> Dave
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your  
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>

_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Economy-x-Talk Consultancy and Software Engineering
Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtalkprogrammer
Facebook: http://facebook.com/LiveCode.Beginner
KvK: 50277553
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Converting a RunRev App to a Web-Based App?

Trevor DeVore
In reply to this post by David Burgun
On Apr 26, 2006, at 7:50 AM, David Burgun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just had an enquiry about an application I developed in RunRev  
> a while back. It's basically a small database that contains small  
> images, a 2D size and a product code. They would like to convert  
> this to a web based application. How easy/difficult would it be to  
> convert the existing app to run as a web-based app?

Hi Dave,

What kind of database is your app using right now?  Stack, text, SQL  
or other?  Also, what kind of environment will your web-based app run  
under?  Will this be a generally available application that requires  
authentication or will the data that the web-based app accesses be  
available to anyone who wants it?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - http://www.bluemangolearning.com
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
123