SoCal LC Meetup Thurs-Special Guest!

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
This coming Thursday, April 5, is our next SoCal LC User Group meetup,
with a special guest: Phil Davis of PDS Labs will be coming down from
Portland, OR to join Paul Looney in discussing a socket server
implementation for networked business applications.

Phil's been developing in LiveCode since before v1.0, and his experience
crafting the server for Paul Looney's business system will make for a
lively discussion, especially interesting for members exploring
client-server applications and custom protocols.

Meeting details here:
https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=30761

Re: SoCal LC Meetup Thurs-Special Guest!

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Can we drink beer yet? :-)

Bob S

> On Apr 2, 2018, at 12:04 , Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This coming Thursday, April 5, is our next SoCal LC User Group meetup, with a special guest: Phil Davis of PDS Labs will be coming down from Portland, OR to join Paul Looney in discussing a socket server implementation for networked business applications.
>
> Phil's been developing in LiveCode since before v1.0, and his experience crafting the server for Paul Looney's business system will make for a lively discussion, especially interesting for members exploring client-server applications and custom protocols.
>
> Meeting details here:
> https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=30761
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World Systems

Re: SoCal LC Meetup Thurs-Special Guest!

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
When I spoke with Veronica, the restaurant manager, this morning I asked
her about that.  There are still some details being worked out with the
restaurant's new owners, so while they're still waiting for that license
she suggested ordering one of their excellent milkshakes instead. :)  I
have to say, having had one before, I can confirm they're better than
beer. My favorite is the Cookies and Cream, but they're all pretty darn
good.