Something is wrong with 8.1.7 RC1

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi all. Just tried 8.1.7 RC1 for OS X. My code starts to fail right away. I have a simple handler called ArrangeMenus, which if not in development mode removes a couple menu buttons, then bumps the buttons over filling in the gaps. In 8.1.6 runs fine. In 8.1.7 in a repeat loop I get object is not a container, and more importantly, variables that the handler just created are not visible in the debugger, as though the variables do not exist in memory.

Something is horribly wrong with this build.

Re: Something is wrong with 8.1.7 RC1

Rick Harrison via use-livecode

> On 6 Sep 2017, at 8:03 am, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all. Just tried 8.1.7 RC1 for OS X. My code starts to fail right away. I have a simple handler called ArrangeMenus, which if not in development mode removes a couple menu buttons, then bumps the buttons over filling in the gaps. In 8.1.6 runs fine. In 8.1.7 in a repeat loop I get object is not a container, and more importantly, variables that the handler just created are not visible in the debugger, as though the variables do not exist in memory.
>
> Something is horribly wrong with this build.

Bob what do you mean by `if not in development mode` here? Do you mean in a standalone? Or when you are using the pointer tool?

Cheers

Monte

Re: Something is wrong with 8.1.7 RC1

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi Bob,

This sounds like a regression. Please do file a bug report (and don't
forget to include a sample stack :) ) and we will fix it in 8.1.7 RC-2.

Best,
Panos
--

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 2:31 AM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 6 Sep 2017, at 8:03 am, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all. Just tried 8.1.7 RC1 for OS X. My code starts to fail right
> away. I have a simple handler called ArrangeMenus, which if not in
> development mode removes a couple menu buttons, then bumps the buttons over
> filling in the gaps. In 8.1.6 runs fine. In 8.1.7 in a repeat loop I get
> object is not a container, and more importantly, variables that the handler
> just created are not visible in the debugger, as though the variables do
> not exist in memory.
> >
> > Something is horribly wrong with this build.
>
> Bob what do you mean by `if not in development mode` here? Do you mean in
> a standalone? Or when you are using the pointer tool?
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

Re: Something is wrong with 8.1.7 RC1

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Yes, so while I am working in the IDE, the menus appear, but if running in a standalone, the handler removes the custom development menus.

Bob S

> On Sep 5, 2017, at 18:31 , Monte Goulding via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Bob what do you mean by `if not in development mode` here? Do you mean in a standalone? Or when you are using the pointer tool?
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

Re: Something is wrong with 8.1.7 RC1

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I will try to put something together. Hopefully it will work in a simple stack. Mine is too big and comples to just send. I tried before and I exceed mail and file limits.