Sound delay

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
Hi there,

Why is there a short delay when playing a sound for the first time?
And how do I solve this?

play specialFolderPath("engine") & slash & "sounds/pop.mp3"

greetings,

William

Re: Sound delay

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
Hard to say, since I don't have that file. Have you attempted in the OS to double click the file or if on Mac, play the file in preview mode?

Bob S

> On Mar 15, 2018, at 07:55 , William de Smet via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> play specialFolderPath("engine") & slash & "sounds/pop.mp3"

Re: Sound delay

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
Hi Bob,

It's on iOS.
Sound files are ok and sound ok on my Mac.

In the app the second time it plays faster/immediately.
Like it needs to buffer first?

groeten,

William

[hidden email]>:

> Hard to say, since I don't have that file. Have you attempted in the OS to
> double click the file or if on Mac, play the file in preview mode?
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Mar 15, 2018, at 07:55 , William de Smet via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > play specialFolderPath("engine") & slash & "sounds/pop.mp3"

Re: Sound delay

Mike Bonner via use-livecode
Hi William,

I haven’t messed with this for quite a while, but the sound delay isn’t new. On iOS I found that the second sound played without delay… even when it was not a repeat of the first sound. Is that what you’ve seen?

My workaround was to record a few seconds of silence and play that sound on openStack.
play specialFolderPath("engine") &"/"& "Silence.wav"

I’ve not used mp3 files in LiveCode, so don’t really if you’re seeing the same thing I did with .wav files.

be well,
randy

Randy Hengst
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com

> On Mar 15, 2018, at 9:55 AM, William de Smet via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> Why is there a short delay when playing a sound for the first time?
> And how do I solve this?
>
> play specialFolderPath("engine") & slash & "sounds/pop.mp3"
>

> greetings,
>
> William

Re: Sound delay

Mike Bonner via use-livecode