SpeechLab

Jeff Honken
The MonsieurX.com site has a fun application called SpeechLab that allow
you to type in a sentence and it will voice it back to you.  Does
Revolution have the reverse capabilities so that an application can be
written that you can speak into a microphone on the computer and it
dictates the sentence back to you?  I'm new to Revolution and I didn't
know that it had such strong speech capabilities. Jeff

Re: SpeechLab

Charles Hartman
text -> speech is easy (relatively; still very poor)
speech -> text is hard

On Feb 8, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Jeff Honken wrote:

> The MonsieurX.com site has a fun application called SpeechLab that
> allow
> you to type in a sentence and it will voice it back to you.  Does
> Revolution have the reverse capabilities so that an application can be
> written that you can speak into a microphone on the computer and it
> dictates the sentence back to you?  I'm new to Revolution and I didn't
> know that it had such strong speech capabilities. Jeff

RE: SpeechLab

MisterX
Jeff

that was "somewhat" possible in MacOS 7.5-9.x but I stopped searching for it
since I switched OS...

There's lots of speech input systems out there now, one would need something
that's rev compatible...

cheers
Xavier

Thomas McGrath III
Jeff

For a demo of the Mac speech listening using Applescript goto to my
revOnline space USERNAME mcgrath3     STACK "Say and Listen in Rev
using Applescript"

The listening is doable from Rev but Listening is not optimal or
reliable to date.

HTH

Tom

On Feb 8, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Charles Hartman wrote:

> text -> speech is easy (relatively; still very poor)
> speech -> text is hard
>

> On Feb 8, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Jeff Honken wrote:
>
>> The MonsieurX.com site has a fun application called SpeechLab that
>> allow
>> you to type in a sentence and it will voice it back to you.  Does
>> Revolution have the reverse capabilities so that an application
>> can be
>> written that you can speak into a microphone on the computer and it
>> dictates the sentence back to you?  I'm new to Revolution and I
>> didn't
>> know that it had such strong speech capabilities. Jeff

Thomas J McGrath III
[hidden email]

Lazy River Software™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com

Lazy River Metal Art™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/metal.html