Splitting up a large text file with 'seek relative'

Splitting up a large text file with 'seek relative'

Hugh Senior
Hi Mark

Thank you for your support on the list. I finally got it working rather well, only to find the client STILL experiences a slow down. Instead of an expected 2 minutes max, it took over 2 hours!

Would you be able to run the stack if I send it to you? The allowInterrupts are enabled, just in case  ;-)

/H

Re: Splitting up a large text file with 'seek relative'

Jim Ault
On 6/21/08 12:46 PM, "Hugh Senior" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mark
>
> Thank you for your support on the list. I finally got it working rather well,
> only to find the client STILL experiences a slow down. Instead of an expected
> 2 minutes max, it took over 2 hours!
>
> Would you be able to run the stack if I send it to you? The allowInterrupts
> are enabled, just in case  ;-)

Hugh,

You might consider a log file that the user sends back to you (or your stack
writes to one of your servers).  It sounds like you might be getting into a
'network-drive scenario' or virtual memory swap or corrupted file or other
process interfering with the fast run.

HTH

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

Re: Splitting up a large text file with 'seek relative'

masmit
Hugh, feel free to send the stack - though it does sound like there
may be other issues involved, as Jim said.

Best wishes,

Mark