Quantcast

Stack focus

prothero--- via use-livecode
I’m seeing this issue where going from stack “A” to stack “B” doesn’t focus on stack “B”:

script:
go card 1 of stack "A"
go card 1 of stack “B"

goes to stack “B” but its titlebar is greyed out until you physically click on stack “B.”

This:
go card 1 of stack "A"
go card 1 of stack “B"
click at 100,100

shows the signs of focus on stack “B” for just a moment, then loses the focus.

This in LC 8.1.3 but seeing it in earlier versions of 8 as well.

I thought this worked better before where you ended up with an active stack “B."

Peter Bogdanoff

Re: Stack focus

dunbarx
Certainly not as issue in v.6, where I languish. How about v.7?

Craig Newman

Re: Stack focus

prothero--- via use-livecode
Peter Bogdanoff wrote:

 > I’m seeing this issue where going from stack “A” to stack “B” doesn’t
 > focus on stack “B”:
 >
 > script:
 > go card 1 of stack "A"
 > go card 1 of stack “B"
 >
 > goes to stack “B” but its titlebar is greyed out until you physically
 > click on stack “B.”
 >
 > This:
 > go card 1 of stack "A"
 > go card 1 of stack “B"
 > click at 100,100
 >
 > shows the signs of focus on stack “B” for just a moment, then loses
 > the focus.
 >
 > This in LC 8.1.3 but seeing it in earlier versions of 8 as well.

In v8.1.4rc1 I'm seeing the expected behavior in which each test has
stack "b" top-most and active.

Do you have any preOpen* or open* messages in play which may be altering
what's happening?

Re: Stack focus

prothero--- via use-livecode
Yes, when I start afresh with making two stacks one with a button that goes from one stack to the other and back again, all is well.

I was doing this same thing earlier, but running the script from the multi-line message box. There, of course, the focus is on the message box and stays on the message box. So, my confusion.

Also, my original working two stacks have a lot going on as far as close stack operations that I am sure are complicating things.

What I’m seeing now in my original stacks, not before, is, my scripts now leave the two stacks in a sort of limbo land. The focus does stay on stack B, even though the very last line of any script says to go stack A. However the focus isn’t completely on stack B—it doesn’t show the shadow property fully until you physically click on that stack. Also, while the focus seems to be on stack B, command/3 changes cards on stack A. But an arrowkey message is not received by stack A, but only by stack B.

I suspect something might have changed along the line in LC or my stacks, or both. This is not a pressing issue for me at this time, and I would rather let it stay in limbo land for now…

Peter