Stacks always open on launch

J. Landman Gay
Where does the plugin manager store its lists of auto-open stacks? Two
of my stacks always open on launch without me telling them to and I
can't get rid of them. I figure they must be in that list. They aren't
plugins, btw.

Re: Stacks always open on launch

J. Landman Gay
On 12/8/11 6:28 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Where does the plugin manager store its lists of auto-open stacks? Two
> of my stacks always open on launch without me telling them to and I
> can't get rid of them. I figure they must be in that list. They aren't
> plugins, btw.

Never mind, I see it reads the folder contents. Something's completely
screwed up with my plugins manager. It's off by two. And when I tried to
debug the script, none of the variables show up in the variable watcher,
nor can I get the values in the message box while stepping through the code.

And that doesn't explain why my non-plugin stacks are opening all by
themselves.

Re: Stacks always open on launch

Ken Ray

On Dec 8, 2011, at 6:43 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

On 12/8/11 6:28 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
Where does the plugin manager store its lists of auto-open stacks? Two
of my stacks always open on launch without me telling them to and I
can't get rid of them. I figure they must be in that list. They aren't
plugins, btw.

Never mind, I see it reads the folder contents. Something's completely screwed up with my plugins manager. It's off by two. And when I tried to debug the script, none of the variables show up in the variable watcher, nor can I get the values in the message box while stepping through the code.

And that doesn't explain why my non-plugin stacks are opening all by themselves.

Is it possible you have files in the plugins folder that aren't stacks? I've had situations like what you've described and that's what I had...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray@...
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

On 12/8/11 8:13 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2011, at 6:43 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> Never mind, I see it reads the folder contents. Something's
>> completely screwed up with my plugins manager. It's off by two. And
>> when I tried to debug the script, none of the variables show up in
>> the variable watcher, nor can I get the values in the message box
>> while stepping through the code.
>>
>> And that doesn't explain why my non-plugin stacks are opening all
>> by themselves.
>
> Is it possible you have files in the plugins folder that aren't
> stacks? I've had situations like what you've described and that's
> what I had...

Yup, that was it. Thanks. There was a text file and also three aliases
to stacks. I took them all out and made a new build of the IDE, and it
works now.

If you get a chance some time, it would be nice if the plugin manager
would test for stack files. Other file types leave blank lines in the
list, which also throws off library loading. The aliases all referenced
stacks, but they don't resolve and so they leave blank lines in the
list. When there are blank lines, trying to open one of the plugins or
are blanks. I.e., in the Plugin Manager I would select a line in the
list, click "Open as toplevel", and a stack 3 lines up would open.

I still have no idea why my old copy of the IDE was opening an unrelated
stack on disk though. With the new IDE build it stopped.

Re: Stacks always open on launch

Ken Ray
> Yup, that was it. Thanks. There was a text file and also three aliases to stacks. I took them all out and made a new build of the IDE, and it works now.
>
> If you get a chance some time, it would be nice if the plugin manager would test for stack files. Other file types leave blank lines in the list, which also throws off library loading. The aliases all referenced stacks, but they don't resolve and so they leave blank lines in the list. When there are blank lines, trying to open one of the plugins or loading one as a library is off by as many lines in the list as there are blanks. I.e., in the Plugin Manager I would select a line in the list, click "Open as toplevel", and a stack 3 lines up would open.
>
> I still have no idea why my old copy of the IDE was opening an unrelated stack on disk though. With the new IDE build it stopped.

Yeah, I think the new IDE fixes the "other files" problem too, since I tried reproducing the bug and I couldn't (I added a few text files and aliases to non-text files during my test). If you *can* reproduce it, though, let me know and I'll fix it.

Ken