Standalone Name vs Display Name

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
I’m wrapped around the axle again!

In Standalone Application Settings, can someone tell me the difference between the Standalone Name under the General Tab, and the Display Name under the iOS tab?

Thanks very much.

Roger

Re: Standalone Name vs Display Name

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
I don't think this is particularly complicated;

it is rather like the fact that you can have a standalone on a desktop
system called something (e.g. "XXX")
but when the standalone opens it can have something else on its title
bar (e.g. "Oh, you expected XXX").

Richmond.

On 14/1/2018 8:24 pm, Roger Guay via use-livecode wrote:

> I’m wrapped around the axle again!
>
> In Standalone Application Settings, can someone tell me the difference between the Standalone Name under the General Tab, and the Display Name under the iOS tab?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Roger

Re: Standalone Name vs Display Name

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
Well, in Stack Properties, one is given the opportunity to provide a title. Otherwise the title becomes the name of the stack. Are you saying this title of the stack is one of the subject items? If so, which one? And, would that one supersede any title I might have given my stack in Stack Properties?

Thanks.

Roger

> On Jan 14, 2018, at 11:37 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't think this is particularly complicated;
>
> it is rather like the fact that you can have a standalone on a desktop system called something (e.g. "XXX")
> but when the standalone opens it can have something else on its title bar (e.g. "Oh, you expected XXX").
>
> Richmond.
>
> On 14/1/2018 8:24 pm, Roger Guay via use-livecode wrote:
>> I’m wrapped around the axle again!
>>
>> In Standalone Application Settings, can someone tell me the difference between the Standalone Name under the General Tab, and the Display Name under the iOS tab?
>>
>> Thanks very much.
>>
>> Roger

RE: Standalone Name vs Display Name

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
Roger,

The "Standalone Name" is the name of the .app or the .apk(Android) files AND the sequential folder names created in the build folder.

The "Display Name"(iOS) and "Label"(Android) is just the the text under the app icon on the device.
What really makes an app unique on a device is "Internal App ID"(iOS) and "Identifier"(Android).

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

In Standalone Application Settings, can someone tell me the difference between the Standalone Name under the General Tab, and the Display Name under the iOS tab?

Thanks very much.

Roger

RE: Standalone Name vs Display Name

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
The "Title" in stack properties is only seen in the IDE and desktop apps. On Mobile this is never displayed. You could leave it defaulted to the stack name. I usually make it nice to read and identify so the title bars in the IDE are easy on the eyes.