Standalone failures

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
I'm trying to build standalones from 9.6.1 business and cannot get the Mac version to succeed. The process goes through the normal lot of "saving" and "building" bits but it eventually turns up an alert that says

"There was an error while saving the standalone application
Adding the ad-hoc signature failed with error: [path]: replacing existing signature
xcrun error: Invalid developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: [path]: the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used
In subcomponent: [path]/tsNet.bundle"

The same thing happens after I turned off the automatic inclusions option and selected no inclusions.

(Windows standalones build fine.)

Do I need to have XCode installed to build a Mac standalone nowadays, or is there some other problem with my Mac (Mojave 10.14.6)?

Michael Lew

Re: Standalone failures

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Hello Michael,

You do not need Xcode for this, but you do need the command line tools. Try
typing this in a Terminal:

sudo xcode-select --install

This will install/update the missing command line tools.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Panos