Standalone in IDE Test Works; But Not From SA

Standalone in IDE Test Works; But Not From SA

Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode
LC 8.1.10
iOS 11.4 on the iPhone

1) I can been able to push update from the IDE

  Develop
         Test
                myIphone   # it works on the phone

2) So know to go to SA build to create a version.
    Xcode
         Devices
              Select My Phone
                     Add the App

  It crashed the moment it is launched.

Xcode says

"Could not locate support files)
This iPhone 7 (Model 1661,784,1785,1786) is running iOS 11.3(15F79), which many not be SSupported by this verSions of Xcode."

So, it builds from the IDE Test menu, but on Standalone Builder

Why?

BR

Re: Standalone in IDE Test Works; But Not From SA

Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode
Hi Brahmanathaswami,

This does sound strange. I would expect either to successfully install the
app to your phone in both cases, or to fail in both, as the "Test" button
uses mergDeploy to install the app, which essentially does what Xcode does,
but all in one button.

Does the device log from Xcode show anything useful the moment the app
crashes?

Best,
Panos
--

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 2:28 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> LC 8.1.10
> iOS 11.4 on the iPhone
>
> 1) I can been able to push update from the IDE
>
>   Develop
>          Test
>                 myIphone   # it works on the phone
>
> 2) So know to go to SA build to create a version.
>     Xcode
>          Devices
>               Select My Phone
>                      Add the App
>
>   It crashed the moment it is launched.
>
> Xcode says
>
> "Could not locate support files)
> This iPhone 7 (Model 1661,784,1785,1786) is running iOS 11.3(15F79), which
> many not be SSupported by this verSions of Xcode."
>
> So, it builds from the IDE Test menu, but on Standalone Builder
>
> Why?
>
> BR

Re: Standalone in IDE Test Works; But Not From SA

Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode
Hi Brahmanathaswami

I’ve seen similar messages in the past. All I did was drag the app a second time immediately after the error message and it loaded onto my iPad.

There was one time that trick didn’t win. But I don’t remember the specific circumstances.

be well,
randy
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com