Standard icons included in standalone

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi all,

I’m using some of the Standard Icons (button icons) in a standalone. Has there been any work to make them available in LC 8.1 +?

Peter Bogdanoff

Re: Standard icons included in standalone

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I’m asking if Standard Icons from the Image Library are available in a standalone. I’m not seeing them show in the standalone as they do in the IDE.

Peter

On Apr 19, 2017, at 8:16 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m using some of the Standard Icons (button icons) in a standalone. Has there been any work to make them available in LC 8.1 +?
>
> Peter Bogdanoff

Re: Standard icons included in standalone

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Under 8.1.3, if I create a new stack and a new button and open the
property inspector for the button and click on the icon tab of the
property inspector and click on an icon, the usual dialog appears with
the Standard Icons, Standard Patterns, Metacard Icons, Metacard
Patterns, and This Stack popup options. All the icon appear to be there.

On 4/20/2017 12:14 AM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode wrote:

> I’m asking if Standard Icons from the Image Library are available in a standalone. I’m not seeing them show in the standalone as they do in the IDE.
>
> Peter
>
> On Apr 19, 2017, at 8:16 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’m using some of the Standard Icons (button icons) in a standalone. Has there been any work to make them available in LC 8.1 +?
>>
>> Peter Bogdanoff

Re: Standard icons included in standalone

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Yes, but does the image appear in a subsequent standalone application?

On Apr 19, 2017, at 8:16 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hi all,

I’m using some of the Standard Icons (button icons) in a standalone. Has there been any work to make them available in LC 8.1 +?

Peter Bogdanoff

Yes the icons are there, but what I think Peter is asking is whether there is a way to import them into a stack so that they are still there after you build a standalone. Pre-8.x there was an Image Library menu choice under the Development menu, and you could choose to place the image (i.e., import it into the stack, rather than just reference it.) Right now there is no straightforward way to import an image in the standard image library into your stack so that it will be there in the standalone.

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University

Re: Standard icons included in standalone

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Yes, the icons appear for button they are associated with in the
standalone built under LC8.1.3 under Windows. Not tested on OSX.

On 4/20/2017 12:20 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode wrote:

> Yes, but does the image appear in a subsequent standalone application?
>
>> On Apr 20, 2017, at 5:19 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Under 8.1.3, if I create a new stack and a new button and open the
>> property inspector for the button and click on the icon tab of the
>> property inspector and click on an icon, the usual dialog appears with
>> the Standard Icons, Standard Patterns, Metacard Icons, Metacard
>> Patterns, and This Stack popup options. All the icon appear to be there.
>>

>>> On 4/20/2017 12:14 AM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode wrote:
>>> I’m asking if Standard Icons from the Image Library are available in a standalone. I’m not seeing them show in the standalone as they do in the IDE.
>>>
>>> Peter

Re: Standard icons included in standalone

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
It should be possible to add the image library as a plugin.
Copy the stack in question (for example from:
 C:\Program Files (x86)\RunRev\LiveCode Community 9.0 (dp
5)\Toolset\palettes\revimagelibrary.rev
to your plugins folder at which point you can use the old method and import
any of the required images.