Stop RevXML converting illegals to entities

Stop RevXML converting illegals to entities

Sivakatirswami
I have this code

     ## tag paragraphs in the transcript node

     put revXMLNodeContents(tCurrTree,"/audio_transcript/
transcript_text/") into tTranscript
     replace (cr & cr & cr&cr) with (cr & cr) in tTranscript
     replace (cr & cr & cr) with (cr & cr)  in tTranscript
     replace (cr & cr)  with ("</p>"& cr & cr &"<p>") in tTranscript
     put "<p>" before tTranscript
     put "</p>" after tTranscript
     revPutIntoXMLNode tCurrTree,"/audio_transcript/
transcript_text/",tTranscript

     ## get the XML back out and save it to a new file
     put revXMLText(tCurrTree,,new) into tNewFile
     put tNewFile into url   ("file:"& the uFilesPath of this stack&"/
1_" & x)

  which is meant to turn paragraphs inside and XML node

para1

para2

para3

into

but on dumping... Rev is converting all these to entities
=======we get as output:

&lt;p&gt;'Learning from our Mistakes' &lt;/p&gt;

&lt;p&gt;Since September 11, there have been increased statements by
Western media condemning some men as being evil and extolling others
as being good. This, of course, is not the Hindu perspective.

=====

Is there a way to tell the XML library *not* to touch the so-called
"illegal chars"

Sivakatirswami

p.s. Ken:

a) would your library give us control over this kind of thing?
b) if I installed your library on a server I could use "start using"
and call it from a CGI?

Re: Stop RevXML converting illegals to entities

Sarah Reichelt
> I have this code

snip

>  which is meant to turn paragraphs inside and XML node
>
> para1
>
> para2
>
> para3
>
> into

> but on dumping... Rev is converting all these to entities
> =======we get as output:
>
> &lt;p&gt;'Learning from our Mistakes' &lt;/p&gt;

It converts them to entities for it's own storage and shows them like
this if you use revXMLTree() to display the result, but when you use
revXMLNodeContents() to retrieve the contents of the node, it will
convert the entities back into their original characters.

Sarah

Re: Stop RevXML converting illegals to entities

Ken Ray

> p.s. Ken:
>
> a) would your library give us control over this kind of thing?

Yes.

> b) if I installed your library on a server I could use "start using"
> and call it from a CGI?

Yes. It's pure Transcript, so it can be used wherever a normal Transcript
library can be used.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: [hidden email]