Text fields: text cursor & proper editing

Text fields: text cursor & proper editing

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
It concerns the apps developed for mobile platforms; here I refer to Android as have no experience on iOS, yet.

First, on the screen the edit location cursor is a vertical line barely visible with high resolution devices.  Is there an option for example a "bold", blinking or coloured cursor?

Second, is there an editor, which allows me to click anywhere in the text in a field, and begin editing from there (with that "visible" cursor), inserting and / or deleting characters (codepoints)?

Would the answers for iOS be different from Android?

Christer Pyyhtiä
MindCrea Ltd

Re: Text fields: text cursor & proper editing

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
Are you using a native Android field? That's necessary for full editing
features. The OS controls the appearance of the cursor so you can't change it.