Quantcast

Text formatting in LC HTML5 apps?

prothero--- via use-livecode
Is there any way to display styled text in HTML5 apps? There only seems to be one font supported and I can change the colour and size but nothing else sticks (LC Community 9.0.0 dp5).

Terry...

Re: Text formatting in LC HTML5 apps?

prothero--- via use-livecode

On 28/03/2017 10:32, Terry Judd via use-livecode wrote:
> Is there any way to display styled text in HTML5 apps? There only
> seems to be one font supported and I can change the colour and size
> but nothing else sticks (LC Community 9.0.0 dp5).

You can add any additional fonts you like by putting them in the
`/boot/fonts/` directory in the standalone archive.

                                             Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager

lcb-mode for Emacs: https://github.com/peter-b/lcb-mode

Re: Text formatting in LC HTML5 apps?

prothero--- via use-livecode
OK, thanks Peter – I’ve got it displaying a different font now. Still struggling with styles but I’m sure I’ll get there.

Terry...

On 28/03/2017 11:50 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Peter TB Brett via use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    On 28/03/2017 10:32, Terry Judd via use-livecode wrote:
    > Is there any way to display styled text in HTML5 apps? There only
    > seems to be one font supported and I can change the colour and size
    > but nothing else sticks (LC Community 9.0.0 dp5).

    You can add any additional fonts you like by putting them in the
    `/boot/fonts/` directory in the standalone archive.

                                                 Peter

    --
    Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
    LiveCode Technical Project Manager

    lcb-mode for Emacs: https://github.com/peter-b/lcb-mode

Re: Text formatting in LC HTML5 apps?

prothero--- via use-livecode
Well, perhaps not so sure now. I’d like to get different styles within the one field (normal and bold) but if I include both normal and bold versions of a font in the standalone then the bold one seems to take precedence and all text in the app is bold.

Terry...