The Cat ate my mouse

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
So I am trying to make a text editor in LiveCode that
NEVER uses a mouse (pace the late, great Jeff Raskin).

Not a big problem selecting fields, and positions inwith text in fields
using
keyUps trapping F-keys.

What IS a problem is HOW to select an word either before or after where
the insertion point has been positioned.

3 glasses of dry white wine fantasy in best alcoholic pseudocode following:

on rawKeyUp RUP
   if RUP = 65470 then
      select after word 1 of field "TEKST"
select the word before the selected
      delete
  else
  pass rawKeyUp

Re: The Cat ate my mouse

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
Richmond.

Say you have a field 1 with text in it.

on mouseUp
   select after char 12 of fld 1
  put the number of words of char 1 to (word 2 of the selectedChunk)of fld 1
into numWords
  select before word numWords of fld 1 -- or after

Re: The Cat ate my mouse

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
Thanks.

Richmond.