The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

Jana Doughty
Hi LiveCode Community,

Happy Friday to you! We have a great new blog post about file sharing,
piracy, Netflix, and the widely known TV show: Friends!

We hope you enjoy it and we'd LOVE to know what you think in the comments!

http://livecode.com/the-one-where-we-sued-you/

Also, if you really like it - you can show it to your friends! Partayyy!

Thanks!

Jana Doughty

--
Jana Doughty
Digital Media Marketing Executive

25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
Company: +44(0) 845 219 89 23   |   Direct: +44 (0) 131 252 5304

www.livecode.com

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Re: The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

pmbrig
How did she get access to the list????

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
[hidden email]
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig

On Jun 26, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Jana Doughty wrote:

> Hi LiveCode Community,
>
> Happy Friday to you! We have a great new blog post about file sharing,
> piracy, Netflix, and the widely known TV show: Friends!
>
> We hope you enjoy it and we'd LOVE to know what you think in the comments!
>
> http://livecode.com/the-one-where-we-sued-you/
>
> Also, if you really like it - you can show it to your friends! Partayyy!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jana Doughty
>
> --
> Jana Doughty
> Digital Media Marketing Executive
>
> 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
> Company: +44(0) 845 219 89 23   |   Direct: +44 (0) 131 252 5304
>
> www.livecode.com
>
> LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Re: The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

mwieder
Jana Doughty <jana.doughty@...> writes:

> Happy Friday to you! We have a great new blog post about file sharing,
> piracy, Netflix, and the widely known TV show: Friends!

The livecode.com website seems to have been hacked recently.
While most of the content is merely dumbed down, a spurious
blog post has been entered spreading FUD for the MPAA.

Hopefully no user account information was exposed.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

xtalkprogrammer

It looks like this is a genuine post and Jana Doughty seems to be with
LiveCode http://livecode.com/author/janalivecode but I don't see how
this blog post is relevant. I could think of something why it is
relevant, but to me it more looks like a search engine trap.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Installer Maker for LiveCode:
http://qery.us/468

http://qery.us/3fi

LiveCode on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/

On 6/26/2015 17:07, Peter M. Brigham wrote:

> How did she get access to the list????
>
> -- Peter
>
> Peter M. Brigham
> [hidden email]
> http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig
>
> On Jun 26, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Jana Doughty wrote:
>
>> Hi LiveCode Community,
>>
>> Happy Friday to you! We have a great new blog post about file sharing,
>> piracy, Netflix, and the widely known TV show: Friends!
>>
>> We hope you enjoy it and we'd LOVE to know what you think in the comments!
>>
>> http://livecode.com/the-one-where-we-sued-you/
>>
>> Also, if you really like it - you can show it to your friends! Partayyy!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jana Doughty
>>
>> --
>> Jana Doughty
>> Digital Media Marketing Executive
>>
>> 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
>> Company: +44(0) 845 219 89 23   |   Direct: +44 (0) 131 252 5304
>>
>> www.livecode.com
>>
>> LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

Dave Kilroy
Jana does indeed work for LiveCode, I've corresponded with her and she's very nice - Hi Jana!

That blog post is written by Neil Roberts and not Jana

However I'm not sure that the awfulness of that post is down to Neil - I suspect that a decision has been made somewhere 'higher-up' in LiveCode to follow a different strategy for blog posts and twitter posts

Personally I wish they would keep to blogging and tweeting about Livecode and code-related stuff (like Xojo does) - just LiveCode and code-related stuff and nothing else

Kind regards

Dave
Peter M. Brigham

Re: The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

Roger Eller
The post was written by Neil Roger (not Roberts), and I liked the change of
style.
 On Jun 26, 2015 6:45 PM, "Dave Kilroy" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jana does indeed work for LiveCode, I've corresponded with her and she's
> very
> nice - Hi Jana!
>
> That blog post is written by Neil Roberts and not Jana
>
> However I'm not sure that the awfulness of that post is down to Neil - I
> suspect that a decision has been made somewhere 'higher-up' in LiveCode to
> follow a different strategy for blog posts and twitter posts
>
> Personally I wish they would keep to blogging and tweeting about Livecode
> and code-related stuff (like Xojo does) - just LiveCode and code-related
> stuff and nothing else
>
> Kind regards
>
> Dave
>

> -----
> "The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." -
> Albert Einstein

Re: The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

Dave Kilroy
Oops thanks Roger, sorry I meant to write 'Neil Roger' - as to the content/style of the posting - each to their own I guess - could you or others explain to me why it's good and what I'm missing?
Peter M. Brigham

Re: The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

Roger Eller
Well, it's the weekend and I'm on vacation.  Sometimes reading can and
should be more "off the clock".  Some of my colleagues however just can't
take a break from code.
On Jun 26, 2015 7:09 PM, "Dave Kilroy" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oops thanks Roger, sorry I meant to write 'Neil Roger' - as to the
> content/style of the posting - each to their own I guess - could you or
> others explain to me why it's good and what I'm missing?
>

> -----
> "The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." -
> Albert Einstein

Re: The One Where We Sued You: A debate on file sharing and piracy

Alejandro Tejada
On Fri Jun 26 2015,
Mark Weider wrote:

> The livecode.com website seems to have been hacked recently.
> While most of the content is merely dumbed down, a spurious
> blog post has been entered spreading FUD for the MPAA.
> Hopefully no user account information was exposed.

That is the funniest post that I have read in a while!
My faith in humankind is restored. :-D

Have a nice weekend!

Al