The case for not trying to be so English-like

The case for not trying to be so English-like

AndyP via use-livecode
Hah! or, why hangover is one word...

https://lithub.com/attention-grammar-pedants-the-english-language-isnt-logical/

Re: The case for not trying to be so English-like

AndyP via use-livecode
I aced grammar in grade school, only because I recognized that the trick was not to understand the rules, but to memorize the exceptions. I told my teacher once that English seems to have more exceptions than rules. :-)

Bob S