Thermal printer bluetooth

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Why does LC not support Bluetooth. I want to use a thermal printer for my
application. I use LC for Android but I found a problem using Bluetooth for
Android. whether LC cannot be used for printers with Bluetooth?

Thanks

Re: Thermal printer bluetooth

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Hi ,

Something we need on LC Mac , LC Android and LC IOS also.

Bluetooth and USB works fine on LC Windows using Virtual Com port.
Serial over USB.
Serial over Bluetooth.

Unfortunately no current cross platform solution with LC which would open up solution for all those apps that communicate with external hardware if put right.

Regards Camm

> On 5 Nov 2019, at 11:17, Riko Abdul via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Why does LC not support Bluetooth. I want to use a thermal printer for my
> application. I use LC for Android but I found a problem using Bluetooth for
> Android. whether LC cannot be used for printers with Bluetooth?
>
> Thanks

Re: Thermal printer bluetooth

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Not sure of the current status but a couple of years ago I had excellent
results using the mergBLE extensions - I was able to do both high- and low-
level bluetooth things on Mac and on iOS. http://mergext.com/home/mergble/

I can't recall - when Monte joined LiveCode, did the mergExt package get
rolled in somehow?

Ben

On 05/11/2019 11:46, General 2018 via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Something we need on LC Mac , LC Android and LC IOS also.
>
> Bluetooth and USB works fine on LC Windows using Virtual Com port.
> Serial over USB.
> Serial over Bluetooth.
>
> Unfortunately no current cross platform solution with LC which would open up solution for all those apps that communicate with external hardware if put right.
>
> Regards Camm
>
>> On 5 Nov 2019, at 11:17, Riko Abdul via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Why does LC not support Bluetooth. I want to use a thermal printer for my
>> application. I use LC for Android but I found a problem using Bluetooth for
>> Android. whether LC cannot be used for printers with Bluetooth?
>>
>> Thanks

Re: Thermal printer bluetooth

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Hi ,

Could you post a simple example .
Write “Hello” to a device using mergBLE ?

Regards Camm