Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Dear Livecode Users,

Today I am proud to announce the public release of the Time Saver's Toolbox.

The Toolbox is a productivity tool/utility window containing several
time-saving tools for those who use their computer for multiple hours a day.

Clipboard Manager
Content Library
Text To Speech Reader
Color Palette
Hotkey Scripts
Emoji Picker
Browser Array
Quick Composer

The toolbox is also a platform on which many other tools can be built.
There are 4 or 5 other tools in production that didn't make it into this
1st release.

To learn more about it, please visit www.timesaverstoolbox.com

There is a 30 day trial available, I have a special 20% off coupon code for
all Livecode Users: 'ThankYouLivecode' (Expires December 1, 2019)

About the Codebase

It took me 489 days to build it.
Its about 15k - 20k lines of code

I am contemplating releasing the codebase (minus some of the tools) as open
source.  But if I do, it will be with a future release after I am able to
document the code a little more, and split some of the code into script
only stacks.

Thank you to Livecode Inc. for the great engine that made this possible for
me.
Thank you to this community that has helped me solve some of the problems
along the way.

If anyone would like to use this codebase to build a custom project, please
contact me personally.

Sincerely,
--
Tom Glod
Founder & Developer

Re: Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Congrats, Tom.

Couldn´t resist to buy the LifetimeLicense. ;)

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>

> Am 07.11.2019 um 14:27 schrieb Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Dear Livecode Users,
>
> Today I am proud to announce the public release of the Time Saver's Toolbox.
>
> The Toolbox is a productivity tool/utility window containing several
> time-saving tools for those who use their computer for multiple hours a day.
>
> Clipboard Manager
> Content Library
> Text To Speech Reader
> Color Palette
> Hotkey Scripts
> Emoji Picker
> Browser Array
> Quick Composer
>
> The toolbox is also a platform on which many other tools can be built.
> There are 4 or 5 other tools in production that didn't make it into this
> 1st release.
>
> To learn more about it, please visit www.timesaverstoolbox.com <http://www.timesaverstoolbox.com/>
>
> There is a 30 day trial available, I have a special 20% off coupon code for
> all Livecode Users: 'ThankYouLivecode' (Expires December 1, 2019)

> About the Codebase
>
> It took me 489 days to build it.
> Its about 15k - 20k lines of code
>
> I am contemplating releasing the codebase (minus some of the tools) as open
> source.  But if I do, it will be with a future release after I am able to
> document the code a little more, and split some of the code into script
> only stacks.
>
> Thank you to Livecode Inc. for the great engine that made this possible for
> me.
> Thank you to this community that has helped me solve some of the problems
> along the way.
>
> If anyone would like to use this codebase to build a custom project, please
> contact me personally.
>
> Sincerely,
> --
> Tom Glod
> Founder & Developer
> MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com <http://www.makeshyft.com/>)
> Office:226-706-9339
> Mobile:226-706-9793

Re: Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Hey Matthias, Thank you for your support. I plan on improving it and adding
to it for years to come.  So....many...ideas! :)

Thanks again.

Tom

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:02 AM Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats, Tom.
>
> Couldn´t resist to buy the LifetimeLicense. ;)
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> Matthias Rebbe
>
> free tools for Livecoders:
> InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
> WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>
>
> > Am 07.11.2019 um 14:27 schrieb Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
> >
> > Dear Livecode Users,
> >
> > Today I am proud to announce the public release of the Time Saver's
> Toolbox.
> >
> > The Toolbox is a productivity tool/utility window containing several
> > time-saving tools for those who use their computer for multiple hours a
> day.
> >
> > Clipboard Manager
> > Content Library
> > Text To Speech Reader
> > Color Palette
> > Hotkey Scripts
> > Emoji Picker
> > Browser Array
> > Quick Composer
> >
> > The toolbox is also a platform on which many other tools can be built.
> > There are 4 or 5 other tools in production that didn't make it into this
> > 1st release.
> >
> > To learn more about it, please visit www.timesaverstoolbox.com <
> http://www.timesaverstoolbox.com/>
> >
> > There is a 30 day trial available, I have a special 20% off coupon code
> for
> > all Livecode Users: 'ThankYouLivecode' (Expires December 1, 2019)

> > About the Codebase

> > It took me 489 days to build it.
> > Its about 15k - 20k lines of code
> >
> > I am contemplating releasing the codebase (minus some of the tools) as
> open
> > source.  But if I do, it will be with a future release after I am able to
> > document the code a little more, and split some of the code into script
> > only stacks.
> >
> > Thank you to Livecode Inc. for the great engine that made this possible
> for
> > me.
> > Thank you to this community that has helped me solve some of the problems
> > along the way.
> >
> > If anyone would like to use this codebase to build a custom project,
> please
> > contact me personally.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > --
> > Tom Glod
> > Founder & Developer
> > MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com <http://www.makeshyft.com/>)
> > Office:226-706-9339
> > Mobile:226-706-9793

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer
MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com)
Office:226-706-9339
Mobile:226-706-9793

Re: Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Hi Tom,

I just took a quick look at your website.

I started to try to watch your demo video
and gave up almost immediately.  You have
too much music going on in the background
(almost foreground) and it is way too distracting
for me to be able to concentrate on the features
you are trying to show off.  Other users may
have a similar experience, and you don’t
want to lose your audience.

Suggestion; have only a little bit of music
at the beginning and then fade it out. Then
your visitors will be able to concentrate on
what you are trying to show them. If you really
want it back again, you can fade it back in
at the very end of the video.

Nice work from what little I saw.
Let me know if you re-edit the
music out of most of your video
and I will visit your website again.

Good luck!

Rick

> On Nov 7, 2019, at 8:27 AM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Livecode Users,
>
> Today I am proud to announce the public release of the Time Saver's Toolbox.
>
> The Toolbox is a productivity tool/utility window containing several
> time-saving tools for those who use their computer for multiple hours a day.
>
> Clipboard Manager
> Content Library
> Text To Speech Reader
> Color Palette
> Hotkey Scripts
> Emoji Picker
> Browser Array
> Quick Composer
>
> The toolbox is also a platform on which many other tools can be built.
> There are 4 or 5 other tools in production that didn't make it into this
> 1st release.
>
> To learn more about it, please visit www.timesaverstoolbox.com
>
> There is a 30 day trial available, I have a special 20% off coupon code for
> all Livecode Users: 'ThankYouLivecode' (Expires December 1, 2019)

> About the Codebase
>
> It took me 489 days to build it.
> Its about 15k - 20k lines of code
>
> I am contemplating releasing the codebase (minus some of the tools) as open
> source.  But if I do, it will be with a future release after I am able to
> document the code a little more, and split some of the code into script
> only stacks.
>
> Thank you to Livecode Inc. for the great engine that made this possible for
> me.
> Thank you to this community that has helped me solve some of the problems
> along the way.
>
> If anyone would like to use this codebase to build a custom project, please
> contact me personally.
>
> Sincerely,
> --
> Tom Glod
> Founder & Developer
> MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com)
> Office:226-706-9339
> Mobile:226-706-9793

Re: Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Hey Rick, thanks for the feedback.

I am not great at understanding sound so I assumed that it would be a
similar experience for all viewers as far as the levels are concerned.  i
put it at -32 db, which was the lowest level possible while being audible.
-33 db you could not hear it.

Here is a link to the video with no music, https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM

:)

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 3:02 PM Rick Harrison via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> for
> > all Livecode Users: 'ThankYouLivecode' (Expires December 1, 2019)

> > About the Codebase

> > It took me 489 days to build it.
> > Its about 15k - 20k lines of code
> >
> > I am contemplating releasing the codebase (minus some of the tools) as
> open
> > source.  But if I do, it will be with a future release after I am able to
> > document the code a little more, and split some of the code into script
> > only stacks.
> >
> > Thank you to Livecode Inc. for the great engine that made this possible
> for
> > me.
> > Thank you to this community that has helped me solve some of the problems
> > along the way.
> >
> > If anyone would like to use this codebase to build a custom project,

That’s much better. I was able to fully enjoy your video.
I think your clip-board manager and the key-short cut
macro are the best tools.   I’m not one for emojis.
I still do mine the old fashioned way.  :-)

Good luck with your launch!

Rick

> On Nov 7, 2019, at 4:42 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Rick, thanks for the feedback.
>
> I am not great at understanding sound so I assumed that it would be a
> similar experience for all viewers as far as the levels are concerned.  i
> put it at -32 db, which was the lowest level possible while being audible.
> -33 db you could not hear it.
>
> Here is a link to the video with no music, https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM <https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM>
>
> :)

Re: Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
I checked it out too. Impressive young Skywalker. I downloaded the demo, I'll try it out. If I like it I''ll get the lifetime license. Not overly fond of yearly fees.

Bob S

> On Nov 8, 2019, at 06:57 , Rick Harrison via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> That’s much better. I was able to fully enjoy your video.
> I think your clip-board manager and the key-short cut
> macro are the best tools.   I’m not one for emojis.
> I still do mine the old fashioned way.  :-)
>
> Good luck with your launch!
>
> Rick
>
>> On Nov 7, 2019, at 4:42 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Rick, thanks for the feedback.
>>
>> I am not great at understanding sound so I assumed that it would be a
>> similar experience for all viewers as far as the levels are concerned.  i
>> put it at -32 db, which was the lowest level possible while being audible.
>> -33 db you could not hear it.
>>
>> Here is a link to the video with no music, https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM <https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM>

Re: Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Thank you both..... I love the clipboard manager a lot, I use it every
day.  There are a lot of features of this thing that I'm going to have to
do some in-depth tutorials on.

Another one I use alot is the TTS reader, it just helps me not to skim and
not to decline reading posts because they are long.  I also use the Color
palette, browser array just for youtube so far, and I find the Content
Library useful too.

As it often happens, I built it to solve a problem I have..... and now I
get to pass the solution on to others.

Cheers and Thank-You!

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I checked it out too. Impressive young Skywalker. I downloaded the demo,
> I'll try it out. If I like it I''ll get the lifetime license. Not overly
> fond of yearly fees.
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Nov 8, 2019, at 06:57 , Rick Harrison via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > That’s much better. I was able to fully enjoy your video.
> > I think your clip-board manager and the key-short cut
> > macro are the best tools.   I’m not one for emojis.
> > I still do mine the old fashioned way.  :-)
> >
> > Good luck with your launch!
> >
> > Rick
> >
> >> On Nov 7, 2019, at 4:42 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey Rick, thanks for the feedback.
> >>
> >> I am not great at understanding sound so I assumed that it would be a
> >> similar experience for all viewers as far as the levels are concerned.
> >> put it at -32 db, which was the lowest level possible while being
> audible.
> >> -33 db you could not hear it.
> >>
> >> Here is a link to the video with no music, https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM
> <https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM>

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer
MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com)
Office:226-706-9339
Mobile:226-706-9793

RE: Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
I finally spent some time with your toolbox and I find it to be an interesting and useful tool. I have not downloaded the free sample yet but I intend to do so soon.
Was this created with Livecode?
Impressive work anyhow.

Sincerely,

Clarence Martin
Email: [hidden email]
Thank you both..... I love the clipboard manager a lot, I use it every day.  There are a lot of features of this thing that I'm going to have to do some in-depth tutorials on.

Another one I use alot is the TTS reader, it just helps me not to skim and not to decline reading posts because they are long.  I also use the Color palette, browser array just for youtube so far, and I find the Content Library useful too.

As it often happens, I built it to solve a problem I have..... and now I get to pass the solution on to others.

Cheers and Thank-You!

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode < [hidden email]> wrote:

> I checked it out too. Impressive young Skywalker. I downloaded the
> demo, I'll try it out. If I like it I''ll get the lifetime license.
> Not overly fond of yearly fees.
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Nov 8, 2019, at 06:57 , Rick Harrison via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > That’s much better. I was able to fully enjoy your video.
> > I think your clip-board manager and the key-short cut
> > macro are the best tools.   I’m not one for emojis.
> > I still do mine the old fashioned way.  :-)
> >
> > Good luck with your launch!
> >
> > Rick
> >
> >> On Nov 7, 2019, at 4:42 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey Rick, thanks for the feedback.
> >>
> >> I am not great at understanding sound so I assumed that it would be
> >> a similar experience for all viewers as far as the levels are concerned.
> >> put it at -32 db, which was the lowest level possible while being
> audible.
> >> -33 db you could not hear it.
> >>
> >> Here is a link to the video with no music,
> >> https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM
> <https://youtu.be/YF7F3MujcBM>

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer
MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com)
Office:226-706-9339
Mobile:226-706-9793

Re: Time Saver's Toolbox v0.99 Release

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Hi Clarence...... happy to hear.

Yes it was created in Livecode .... some 20k lines of code and a couple of
what I would call architectural innovations... :)

I built it to be able to also build all kinds of other applications on top
of it.

I want to release it open source, but I also want to grow my business and
provide for my family. :D  So I'm thinking long and hard about it.

Enjoy the trial when you get to it.

Thanks,

Tom