Tio on-rev server down?

Martin Koob
About an hour ago I noticed that my sites on the Tio on-rev server were down.  Have others noticed this?

I sent and emergency support request in but haven't heard back yet.  I guess with pancake being down too I am in the queue.

Martin

Re: Tio on-rev server down?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi Martin,

it seems that this is an on-rev wide problem (not only tio) and that only accounts with dedicacted ip-addresses are affected.

Support is already working on this problem.

Regards,

Matthias

Am 13.10.2013 um 14:45 schrieb Martin Koob <[hidden email]>:

> About an hour ago I noticed that my sites on the Tio on-rev server were down.
> Have others noticed this?
>
> I sent and emergency support request in but haven't heard back yet.  I guess
> with pancake being down too I am in the queue.
>
> Martin

Matthias Rebbe
Tel: +49 5741 310000
        +49 160 5504462
eMail: matthias underscore livecode underscore 150811 at m dash r dash d dot de

Convert .br5 files the easy way

Re: Tio on-rev server down?

Ian Wood-3
As my registered Runrev email address is (somewhat stupidly) hosted on on-rev I've not even heard back from support, so it's good to hear that it's not just me. Still bleeping irritating though.

Ian

Am 13.10.2013 um 16:07 schrieb Ian Wood <[hidden email]>:

> As my registered Runrev email address is (somewhat stupidly) hosted on on-rev I've not even heard back from support, so it's good to hear that it's not just me. Still bleeping irritating though.
Yes, that is indeed irritating.
This is the third time that the static ip-blocks are not working. The past 2 times it took some while until On-Rev support got it back working.

We decided now to set the "dedicated ip" aside. We are in the lucky position that we do not need dedicated ips right now.
So better a working site with server ip than a non working one with a dedicated one.

Regards,

Matthias

> Ian
>

> On 13 Oct 2013, at 14:04, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> it seems that this is an on-rev wide problem (not only tio) and that only accounts with dedicacted ip-addresses are affected.
>>
>> Support is already working on this problem.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>
>> Am 13.10.2013 um 14:45 schrieb Martin Koob <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> About an hour ago I noticed that my sites on the Tio on-rev server were down.
>>> Have others noticed this?
>>>
>>> I sent and emergency support request in but haven't heard back yet.  I guess
>>> with pancake being down too I am in the queue.
>>>
>>> Martin
>>>

>>> --
>>
>> Matthias Rebbe
>> Tel: +49 5741 310000
>>       +49 160 5504462
>> eMail: matthias underscore livecode underscore 150811 at m dash r dash d dot de
>>
>> Convert .br5 files the easy way

Matthias Rebbe
Tel: +49 5741 310000
        +49 160 5504462
eMail: matthias underscore livecode underscore 150811 at m dash r dash d dot de

Convert .br5 files the easy way

Re: Tio on-rev server down?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D

Am 13.10.2013 um 16:07 schrieb Ian Wood <[hidden email]>:

> As my registered Runrev email address is (somewhat stupidly) hosted on on-rev I've not even heard back from support, so

I am still able to send and receive emails.

What smtp server are you using.
If you use pancake.on-rev.com (if hosted on panacke) or tio.on-rev.com (if hosted on tio) and so on instead of youraccountname.on-rev.com as smtp than you should be fine with email.

Regards,

Matthias

Re: Tio on-rev server down?

Ian Wood-3
One of my sites is a web store.

No dedicated IP address = no security certificate = no secure checkout = no customers.

Ian

On 13 Oct 2013, at 15:17, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> Yes, that is indeed irritating.
> This is the third time that the static ip-blocks are not working. The past 2 times it took some while until On-Rev support got it back working.
>
> We decided now to set the "dedicated ip" aside. We are in the lucky position that we do not need dedicated ips right now.
> So better a working site with server ip than a non working one with a dedicated one.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Re: Tio on-rev server down?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D

Am 13.10.2013 um 16:23 schrieb Ian Wood <[hidden email]>:

> One of my sites is a web store.
> No dedicated IP address = no security certificate = no secure checkout = no customers.

Yes sounds reasonable.

We too have an online shop, but without payment process.
We are only selling to dealers which have to be added manually by us to the shop.
The payment methods are fiexd. Some pay cash on delivery others with direct debit authorisation.

So no payment details are used in the shop.

As i said,we are in a fortunate position....

Regards,

Matthias

On 13 Oct 2013, at 15:21, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> Am 13.10.2013 um 16:07 schrieb Ian Wood <[hidden email]>:
>
>> As my registered Runrev email address is (somewhat stupidly) hosted on on-rev I've not even heard back from support, so
>
> I am still able to send and receive emails.
>
> What smtp server are you using.
> If you use pancake.on-rev.com (if hosted on panacke) or tio.on-rev.com (if hosted on tio) and so on instead of youraccountname.on-rev.com as smtp than you should be fine with email.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

I stopped using tio for outgoing messages during previous disruptions and instead use my ISP's SMTP server. It was always set to tio.on-rev.com though.

Messages are going out fine but none of the accounts hosted on tio are downloading any new messages from after about 9pm this morning, UK time. POP accounts, in case it makes a difference.

Ian

Re: Tio on-rev server down?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Using imap here.