Tools Palette

Richmond Mathewson
I have just uploaded a 2.7 format stack to the RR Graphics group:

Be warned!!! This can only be used ONCE and will result in your revTools stack always starting at the chosen on-screen position.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
                                       Mathewson, 2006

save stack question

Stephen Barncard
I've got a notePad-like one-field window that will only be used in the IDE.

I've got a 'save stack' command in the closeStack handler.

Is there a way to have the IDE not ask to save the stack when closing
(since I'm doing that) without the stack being modal?  It's probably
something dumb. I forgot how to do this.

thanks

sqb
--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o

Re: save stack question

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Stephen,

You might try this:

set the grevstackstatus["Your stack"] to empty

This array contains "edited" or empty for each stack. The stack names
are the keys of the array. The problem is to determine where you
should put this syntax. If the only thing that changes is e.g. a text
field, you might put it into the closefield handler. If any part of
the stack may be changed, you should actually change the front
scripts of the IDE, which you probably don't want to do.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 6-mei-2006, om 22:14 heeft Stephen Barncard het volgende geschreven:

> I've got a notePad-like one-field window that will only be used in
> the IDE.
>
> I've got a 'save stack' command in the closeStack handler.
>
> Is there a way to have the IDE not ask to save the stack when
> closing (since I'm doing that) without the stack being modal?  It's
> probably something dumb. I forgot how to do this.
>
> thanks
>
> sqb
> --
> stephen barncard
> s a n  f r a n c i s c o
> - - -  - - - - - - - - -

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: save stack question

Stephen Barncard
undocumented.... hmmm..

Thanks for this, Mark, but Rev won't let me compile the line...

ON closeStack
     save this stack
     set the grevstackstatus["notePad"] to empty
END closeStack

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o

Re: save stack question

xtalkprogrammer
Apologies, I was working with properties... The syntax should be

put empty into gRevStackStatus["Your Stack"]

and it won't work in a closeStack handler.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering
http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 7-mei-2006, om 0:39 heeft Mark Schonewille het volgende geschreven: