Touch interpretation?

Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode
Being a lazy sort, until now on mobile apps (which are all for internal use,
not publication) I've just used the standard controls, and at most tracked
mousedown/mouseup (for convenience of desktop development) to drag something.

However now I'm trying to make a rather more native-like app, and respond to
swiping in various directions, and two-finger pinches.

So I've started coding simple heuristics for when a touch sequence is a tap, a
swipe, or a drag; and the next step is to consider when it is actually a
two-finger gesture.

But obviously the community has been there way before me. Are there any shared
libraries developed to implement this? Or at least commonly agreed good
heuristics?

TIA,

Ben

Re: Touch interpretation?

On 2/20/17 1:00 PM, Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode wrote:
> So I've started coding simple heuristics for when a touch sequence is a
> tap, a swipe, or a drag; and the next step is to consider when it is
> actually a two-finger gesture.
>
> But obviously the community has been there way before me. Are there any
> shared libraries developed to implement this? Or at least commonly
> agreed good heuristics?

Search the LC Lessons. I found a swipe example here:
<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/29603-creating-a-simple-stock-control-application-for-the-ipad>

but I remember some other lessons that also worked with both swipe and
taps. Basically, if it isn't a swipe, you implement the tap behavior.
There are also some lessons on 2-finger swipes in there somewhere. A
couple that showed up in a search for "2 finger":

<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/11493-how-do-i-use-multi-touch-to-move-more-than-one-object>

<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/11509-how-do-i-implement-a-multi-touch-pinch-motion>