Translation Service Deepl.com

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
I like to draw your attention to DeepL Translator - an online translation
service that does much better than anything before, including Google,
Microsoft or whatever. There is a free service and a paid one as well.

Right now it supports English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Polish and
Dutch.

https://www.deepl.com

They provide an API and I wonder how we could enable this. I am trying to
get it to work in LiveCode. Or, maybe, someone has been doing this already?

https://www.deepl.com/pro.html

It says: "
As a DeepL Pro user, not only are you able to translate on our website, but
you are also able to integrate DeepL’s JSON-based REST API into your own
products and platforms. This allows you to incorporate the world’s best
machine translation technology into a variety of new applications. For
example, a company could have their international service enquiries
instantly translated by DeepL Pro, greatly simplifying business procedures
and improving customer satisfaction.
"

(I am not affiliated with DeepL and just give the information after I found
that the job it does is really amazing.)

Roland

Re: Translation Service Deepl.com

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Same method as yandex from a recent thread, built your query string some
way and send it to the server.

something like..
put urlencode("Text to translate") into tText
put  "https://api.deepl.com/v1/translate?text=" & tText &
"target_lang=EN&auth_key=YourAuthKeyHere" into tUrl
get URL tUrl
put it

You could also use POST rather than get using the same base url (
https://api.deepl.com/v1/translate) according to the documentation.