Trouble with Android Keystore alias/password

Trouble with Android Keystore alias/password

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
It been a long time since I built a standalone for Google Play.

In the SA settings panel I choose

Sign with My Key
     -- browser for the #######.keystore  file
     -- it loads fine

save the stack and build to standalone

Please provide alias for the keystore
        -- ###### enter it -- I have it well documented

Please provide the keystore password
        -- ####### enter it

Error:

There was an error while saving the
Standalone A

BRpplication
no password provided for keystore

---------
Well, if I had given wrong alias I would expect a different message.
   "That is not an alias for this keystore"

Or, if I has given a wrong password, one would expect
    "The password is incorrect"

But instead it says no password provided?

BR

Re: Trouble with Android Keystore alias/password

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Did you try to paste the password? It doesn't work, you have to type it
very slowly...one...letter...at...a...time. Pretend you never learned to
touch type.

Who knows what it's doing in between keystrokes.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]

On 11/8/18 5:48 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> Did you try to paste the password? It doesn't work, you have to type it
> very slowly...one...letter...at...a...time. Pretend you never learned to
> touch type.
>
> Who knows what it's doing in between keystrokes.
Ahh, ok

Perhaps it was "divine grace" because 9.02 RC 1, came out today

Hopefully ready for production -- of course, we cannot say that, (RC1)
but I need bug fixes in apps right away.

BR