Unicode inconsistency

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
When I do this:

put numToCodePoint(0xA8FD)  [Jain Omkara]

I get the symbol in the Message Box.

HOWEVER when I do this:

put numToCodePoint(0xA8FD) into fld "gg"

I get a "silly square: in fld "gg"

For those of us who are "kinky" about symbols such as the Jain OM this
is "most unfortunate".

Re: Unicode inconsistency

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Is it a font issue? I get an empty box on Win10 and a box with a ? inside
on my Mac. Had to go to fileformat.info to see what it should look like.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 1:49 PM Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I do this:
>
> put numToCodePoint(0xA8FD)  [Jain Omkara]
>
> I get the symbol in the Message Box.
>
> HOWEVER when I do this:
>
> put numToCodePoint(0xA8FD) into fld "gg"
>
> I get a "silly square: in fld "gg"
>
> For those of us who are "kinky" about symbols such as the Jain OM this
> is "most unfortunate".
>
> Richmond.

Navigation widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I can't seem to figure out how to reset the hilited option back to
unhilited. None of the traditional button properties seem to work. I can
change the hilited option but not clear it.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services

Re: Navigation widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Navigation Bar should always have exactly one icon selected.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:26 PM Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't seem to figure out how to reset the hilited option back to
> unhilited. None of the traditional button properties seem to work. I can
> change the hilited option but not clear it.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services

Re: Navigation widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Although that could be an interesting thing to change on Thursday in my LCG
talk (allow a selection of “0”). Not sure if it would get accepted, but
would make a good demo of the process.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:37 PM Brian Milby <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Navigation Bar should always have exactly one icon selected.
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:26 PM Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I can't seem to figure out how to reset the hilited option back to
>> unhilited. None of the traditional button properties seem to work. I can
>> change the hilited option but not clear it.
>>
>> Ralph DiMola
>> IT Director
>> Evergreen Information Services

RE: Navigation widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Setting it to zero was what I was what I tried it and it did nothing. What I was thinking of is a splash page with the navigation widget all gray and then you select an option and navigate to that page. After that one item would always be hilited.

Ralph DiMola

IT Director

Evergreen Information Services

[hidden email]

Re: Navigation widget

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Correct... the code does not currently support nothing being selected. It
should not be that difficult to add though.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM Ralph DiMola <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Setting it to zero was what I was what I tried it and it did nothing. What
> I was thinking of is a splash page with the navigation widget all gray and
> then you select an option and navigate to that page. After that one item
> would always be hilited.
>

> Ralph DiMola
>
> IT Director
>
> Evergreen Information Services
>
> [hidden email]

With colourful pictures:

Bug report 21055

--

Quite interesting.  Especially that decimal worked.