Unicode

Mark Schonewille
Hello,

Using the uniEncode function, I am able to read and display most
unicode formats in MacOS X. However, there is one format I can't
get to work. This is a file that is supposed to be UTF-16BE
(with Thai encoding). If I display this in a field, I get a kind
of Chinese text. I have other files, which are supposed to have
a similar encoding, which do work.

The file can be downloaded here:
<http://www.economy-x-talk.com/thaiunicode.txt.zip>

After reading in the file, setting the unicodeText property of a
field and setting the textFont to "Lucida Grande,Thai", the text
still looks like Chinese. Any suggestions as to how to display
this file correctly?

Thanks,

Mark

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:[hidden email]

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.

RE: Unicode

MisterX
have you downloaded the thai fonts which are not the same as chinese?

The OS may be using the most-likely...