Use of Serialize Behavior in Script Only Stack

Use of Serialize Behavior in Script Only Stack

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
Can some else elucidate this:

" This patch adds a 'with behavior' clause to the header of a script
only stack.

# this is clear

The clause is emitted if the stack has a behavior property which
references a stack.

# this unclear; "references [binary] a stack"

When a script-only-stack with such a clause is loaded, the behavior
is set as part of the loading.

# this is clear

Re: Use of Serialize Behavior in Script Only Stack

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
I think the meaning is that it references a stack and not an arbitrary
object (like a button). It will probably be another script only stack
though.
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:44 PM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can some else elucidate this:
>
> " This patch adds a 'with behavior' clause to the header of a script
> only stack.
>
> # this is clear
>
> The clause is emitted if the stack has a behavior property which
> references a stack.
>
> # this unclear; "references [binary] a stack"
>
> When a script-only-stack with such a clause is loaded, the behavior
> is set as part of the loading.
>
> # this is clear

Re: Use of Serialize Behavior in Script Only Stack

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
Based on the thread on this mailing list several weeks ago, that sounds
reasonable. I know in that thread it was only proposed that a script-only
stack could specify another stack as its behavior, and not a button.