Using LC for Interactive Tutorial

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using LC for Interactive Tutorial

Heather Laine-2
Dear List folk,

Really cool blog post from Ali today:

https://livecode.com/livecode-interactive-tutorials/ <https://livecode.com/livecode-interactive-tutorials/>

Find out how to write your own interactive tutorial using the building blocks Ali has provided.

Warm Regards,

Heather

Heather Laine
Customer Services Manager
LiveCode Ltd
www.livecode.com



_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using LC for Interactive Tutorial

Alejandro Tejada
This is Amazing! :D

Just a few questions:

Does this new feature offers a method to display custom stacks
that execute messages and display animations?

Could we use this new feature in our own stacks and applications?

When are we going to see an interactive tutorial that
explains how to create interactive tutorials? :-)

Alejandro
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AW: Using LC for Interactive Tutorial

Tiemo Hollmann TB
In reply to this post by Heather Laine-2
That is a really nice feature!

But I don't find any notes in Alis blog on how I can create such an
interactive tutorial for my own runtimes. Is this intended to be, or is it
only for the use of LiveCode.com?

Tiemo


>> Find out how to write your own interactive tutorial using the building
blocks Ali has provided.

Warm Regards,

Heather

Heather Laine
Customer Services Manager
LiveCode Ltd
www.livecode.com



_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using LC for Interactive Tutorial

Ali Lloyd-2
In reply to this post by Alejandro Tejada
I would have to answer 'not at the moment' to all of the above! They are
all possibilities, but we will probably have to gauge interest to decide
where we take it next.

I'm not sure the interactive tutorial format will lend itself well to
explaining how to create interactive tutorials, but I won't rule it out :-)
The priority there is probably creating a tutorial-authoring plugin.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 11:05 PM Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> This is Amazing! :D
>
> Just a few questions:
>
> Does this new feature offers a method to display custom stacks
> that execute messages and display animations?
>
> Could we use this new feature in our own stacks and applications?
>
> When are we going to see an interactive tutorial that
> explains how to create interactive tutorials? :-)
>
> Alejandro
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Using-LC-for-Interactive-Tutorial-tp4702865p4702902.html
> Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using LC for Interactive Tutorial

Dave Kilroy
Ali this is great!

I would love to be able to use a 'tutorial plugin' for the training work I occasionally do for Code4Health and other times I train people to use LiveCode

I could make little 'snippet' tutorials introducing people to different LiveCode / coding concepts - it would be great! There are so many tutorials I could make starting tomorrow :)

Please let us know about your plans to roll this out, and if you ever need a beta tester please get in touch!

Dave
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham