Using Revolution only in a command line mode?

Re: Hue, Saturation and Value question

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto
At 11:29 AM -0700 5/20/2006, Garrett Hylltun wrote:
>Does anyone know what the math equations are behind getting the
>Saturation and Value of a color?
>
>Hmmmm, maybe I should elaborate more.
>
>I have sliders setup for RGB, and I actually have figured out how to
>setup a slider for Hue, but I can't figure out how to code some
>sliders for Saturation and Value.

Monte Goulding has a library for this: LibColor. It's at
<http://www.sweattechnologies.com/rev/>.
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [hidden email]
http://www.jaedworks.com

Re: Use emulated look for app permanently

Judy Perry
Hi Garrett,

Right.  So, the same technique I think should still apply as long as you
can display the gui look'n'feel you'd like to use.

If all else fails, d/l a 30-day trial of Rev for the desired GUI
look'n'feel *after* you've got code more or less working and take the
screen shots (of, I'm guessing, buttons, menus and the like).  Use a
bitmap editor to separate each of the elements and script them.

Remember you'll need to get hilited/unhilited/enabled/disabled and
armed/unarmed states for buttons and the like...

Why isn't there a decent common GUI for linux?

Judy

On Sat, 20 May 2006, Garrett Hylltun wrote:

> Hi Judy,
>
> Well, I don't mean the title bar and resize, just the gui elements that
> are actually affected when we use the look & feel emulation in Rev itself.
>
> Whether it's Gnome or KDE, the title bar and resize stuff is all fine,
> it's just that ugly motif look that comes with using the linux engine in
> Rev that's a bummer.
>
> Using the Windows emulated or Mac OS Platinum emulated looks far better
> than the Motif.

Re: Use emulated look for app permanently

Garrett Hylltun-2
Thank you Sean,

That did the job :-)

-Garrett