Using revIgniters Encrypt lib in LiveCode Desktop

Using revIgniters Encrypt lib in LiveCode Desktop

Andrew Kluthe
Hey ya'll,

For those of you who use revIgniter it has an encryption library that you provide it with a key and a string and it will encrypt and decrypt that string.

RevServer doesn't make available the standard encrypt and decrypt commands that are available in the desktop deployment.

I am trying to build a web service that my application connects to using revIgniter.

1. I would like to take a user email and password and have my stack encrypt it in the exact way revIgniter does.

2.I would like to send the encrypted authentication string to my web service and have it decrypt the string, look up credentials in a database, return an encrypted set of credentials to the stack.

3. Have the stack decrypt the answer in the same fashion that revIgniter uses.

Would simply copying the revIgniter code into a stack, and hacking it around a bit do the trick? or is there probably going to be more to it than that?

Ideally, I would like to use two different encryption keys. All the data going to server is encrypted with one key and all the data coming from is encrypted with another.

Re: Using revIgniters Encrypt lib in LiveCode Desktop

Andrew Kluthe
I solved this problem by copying most of the code from Encrypt.irev and a few other required functions from Common.irev and now have my data being encrypted and sent to a revIgniter web service for processing. I love the versatility of this framework.